Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #21

We purchased a 28DSBH is the spring and we love it but we too have kids. The 28DSBH has a lot of room inside and adequate storage for our clothes, and stuff. We are working on some add on shelving, etc. to help with storage but we are finding there is plenty of room for our stuff. There is plenty of room in the understorage for all the outside stuff and we have an outside refridgerator.

It's all in what you are wanting. The 28 has great size bunks, and master bed, fold out couch with air mattress and dining room turns into a bed. If it is just two of you, you probably want to go with something that has larger living room and less beds.
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #22

We have a 2015 27 DSRL and could not be happier! Plenty of storage. Closet in Bath room for clothing, also closets in bedroom for clothing. Tons of storage overhead and if you go for the built in dinette, storage beneath. Plus the full storage under the bed and outside storage. Chairs okay, but looking to upgrade to the new recliners. Replacing the 32 inch Jensen tv with a 40 inch samsung. Have done many upgrades, but as it came it as very comfortable. Summit edition with glacier package.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #23

We have owned and enjoyed our 27dsrl now for 2 yrs. and have been very happy. Just the two of us and a small Jack Russell. Living space is great, and there is plenty of storage. Grand children are all grown so no real need for other sleeping accommodation. Have made several mods, and the ones I have made are now showing up in the 2016 and 2017 models. Have taken two trips to Fl. over the course of the two yrs. with any problems. Black and gray tanks are a bit small but I dump either every day or every other day. Do not want things to back up and overflow. We have the bench seating/table with storage underneath. Love the two doors. Easy to access the bathroom from the outside when at a rest stop. A perfect TT for a couple. We are both going to retire in Dec. and plan on becoming snow birds for 3 months Jan. Feb. and March spending the time in FL. visiting our daughter and 1 yr. old grand child. Have been using the TT almost every month since purchase in Dec. of 2015. Hope this has helped you in evaluating the two models. My vote the 27DSRL!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #24

"A perfect TT for a couple. We are both going to retire in Dec. and plan on becoming snow birds for 3 months Jan. Feb. and March spending the time in FL. visiting our daughter and 1 yr. old grand child."

I have yet to convince my husband that we can snowbird in our DSRL. He feels it's too small. Can't wait to hear how you find it. Now in some fairness, we have a 75lb golden retriever... and the cat...; so a bit more folk trying to fit in. lol
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #25

Again let me say for two people and a Jack Russell, plenty of living space in the 27 DSRL. It is our second home. "Dulce Domum"
Old 08-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #26

A couple of you mentioned replacing the swivel rockers in your 27DSRL; any pics of what you replaced them with?
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2015 - 65; 2016 - 61
edwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #27

Picked up a new 28DSBH 11 days ago, and we have only spent one night in it. I'll be retired in 79 days... and we bought a bunk house because we have 6 grand children. We have a trip planned in September with 2 of them. Another trip of about 3 weeks is coming up in late October to Virginia and part of the time we'll have my daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grand children with us. We are totally satisfied with the trailer, but as others said, bunks take a lot of space. If we didn't need them we wouldn't have them. I find the storage inside to be adequate. The storage outside is phenomenal for a TT. The pass-through up front is twice the volume of our previous TT. The huge space under the bunk is definitely a bonus. I have my own version of an outdoor kitchen so we really won't miss that.

Happy trails!
Old 08-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #28

Ordered a recliner to replace the swivel rocker. Did the measurements and it appears it will fit perfectly. Will report once I have it installed. Ordered it at Camping World. Looks like the models that are now in the latest edition of the 27dsrl.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #29

We have 20 80 pound labs. Never separated, never kenneled. 7 yrs old.
Perfect in our 27 DSRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
"A perfect TT for a couple. We are both going to retire in Dec. and plan on becoming snow birds for 3 months Jan. Feb. and March spending the time in FL. visiting our daughter and 1 yr. old grand child."

I have yet to convince my husband that we can snowbird in our DSRL. He feels it's too small. Can't wait to hear how you find it. Now in some fairness, we have a 75lb golden retriever... and the cat...; so a bit more folk trying to fit in. lol
Attached Thumbnails
_K9x2.jpg  

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:41 PM   #30

LOL. I see you are well experienced at the "step over the dog" life too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormpod1 View Post
We have 20 80 pound labs. Never separated, never kenneled. 7 yrs old.
Perfect in our 27 DSRL.
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #31

Our second year with the 27dsrl and love it ( 2015) model. Just the two of us and one tiny Jack Russel. Have made many upgrades to it in this span of time. The layout for us is perfect and there is plenty of usable storage space. The location of the water inlets, sewer hose connection, TV connection and electrical connection are great. All has been working just find thus far and any minor issues have been taken care of by our dealer. Other minor issues I have fixed myself. The quality of the build is on par with most Light TT. I have had to redo the shelves in the sink cabinets for they were merely stapled together. I braced them and that screw things together. You will find build quality somewhat down in almost any TT or 5er on the market. Just weigh your wants and needs and purchase accordingly. Spend your dollars wisely.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #32

Going on our 3rd year with our 2015 27DSRL and no major problems, knock on wood. The tv remote control stopped working and I'm on my third tongue jack, that's it for problems so far. As far as improvements I've added the Curt receiver hitch, Yakima bike rack, replaced the 110V outlet on the table between the chairs with a 110V / USB outlet for phone charging and changed the thermostat to digital. The wife wants to add a flip up counter extension in the kitchen so I'll be looking into that and I want to add a rack over the batteries to hold the tote. I think the construction quality is on par with other manufactures and with 6K miles on it, its held up well.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
A couple of you mentioned replacing the swivel rockers in your 27DSRL; any pics of what you replaced them with?
Post #16 in this thread shows our recliners we used to replace the cheapy swivel rockers. We bought ours at a furniture store, but Camping World is offering recliners that are narrow enough for the 27DSRL.

Cheers,
Greg

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post319030
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #34

Bought and had Camping World install the new recliners (easy fit) and they are the same as you would find in a new 27dsrl. Several colors to choose from.. Only bought one,for there were too many complaining that the recliner at the door blocked the door. So we used another chair there one that we had here at our house and it fits perfectly as well and the swmbo (she who must be obeyed) loves it.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgchak View Post
Going on our 3rd year with our 2015 27DSRL and no major problems, knock on wood. The tv remote control stopped working and I'm on my third tongue jack, that's it for problems so far. As far as improvements I've added the Curt receiver hitch, Yakima bike rack, replaced the 110V outlet on the table between the chairs with a 110V / USB outlet for phone charging and changed the thermostat to digital. The wife wants to add a flip up counter extension in the kitchen so I'll be looking into that and I want to add a rack over the batteries to hold the tote. I think the construction quality is on par with other manufactures and with 6K miles on it, its held up well.
We have a 2014 29REKS and are very interested in putting a bike rack on it. What model Yakima rack did you put on and how did you adapt it to the trailer? After many of the posts I am reluctant to use the rear bumper bolt-on adaptor.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote