Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #101

Blankstone Griddle Stand

So how do you like the griddle stand. This is the stand that holds the 17-22 inch griddle right? I was thinking about buying one to carry in the RV somehow. But some of the reviews didn't look good. Some say built cheap and not worth the price. What do you think?
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:56 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcburt View Post
So how do you like the griddle stand. This is the stand that holds the 17-22 inch griddle right? I was thinking about buying one to carry in the RV somehow. But some of the reviews didn't look good. Some say built cheap and not worth the price. What do you think?
My griddle came with the stand and hood. I like the stand although sometimes it is a PITA to get level.

I also bought the carrying bag that holds the griddle, hood and stand. I will forewarn folks that having the griddle (22 inch in my case), hood and stand all in the same bag can make it heavy to carry hard to store unless you have the luxury of large storage compartments.

As a note, I do use the Blackstone for some things, I just believe it is over-hyped and it is not the greatest thing since sliced bread that many make it out to be. When I want a smash burger it's the Blackstone, but when I want a thick juicy burger that is done on the Weber or Traeger.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #103

Has anybody tried Grill Grates? These are all I use to grill hambugers, ribeyes, Filet migon, chicken etc. I use Komos Dirty Bird for the rub let it rest for an hour, just as good as any high end restaurant. Some people use these by just setting them on your existing grill, but you can order them in different lengths in which is what I did and totally replaced my grill with these. Most of the time when you cook burgers you are always getting flareups, but with these no flareups, they are the only way I grill
elcam396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #104

Grill Grate

Are you laying these grates on a Griddle or a Grill? Hamburgers on a griddle never have flareups. So a grate on a griddle would not as well. This sounds interesting might try. The grate would eliminate the searing.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:16 PM   #105

On a grill, not to be used on a griddle------> grillgrate.com
elcam396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #106

I have a 36 at home but take my 22 with stand camping. I did just bring the 36 on a 2 week trip to Nashville because of the size of the group but it was a pain to transport. I also carry a grill that converts to a stove so as other have said, depending on what I am cooking, its not always the Blackstone!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #107

Quote:
I like the stand but it comes down to its just another thing to carry, setup and stow away. I stopped using it recently and just put the Blackstone on a table.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Old 07-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #108

Blackstone table

Makes sense and always looking for some weight that can be removed. Thanks
Old 07-28-2021, 03:12 PM   #109
Site Team

Quote:
Yes, that is the stand I purchased for home. I really like it. But, we don't travel with it. It is to heavy and bulky to carry around all the time.

We just throw our Blackstone on the picnic table when we are at the campground. Or, we have a cheap folding plastic table from Sams Club that we carry in the bed of the truck. We will use it on there if a picnic table isn't an option.
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I like the stand but it comes down to its just another thing to carry, setup and stow away. I stopped using it recently and just put the Blackstone on a table.
At a campground early last week and they had stickers on their resin picnic tables that said no grills allowed on tables. You burn you buy it for 175.00
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
At a campground early last week and they had stickers on their resin picnic tables that said no grills allowed on tables. You burn you buy it for 175.00
I only use my own table!
Old 08-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
I did something similar for my Blackstone Tailgater last year. I was tired of wind issues making the griddle have large cold spots.

I made mine of aluminum sheets for weight, and because I can bend that myself. The bottom is riveted on, but the side and back blocks are removable for cleaning and packing in the bag.
Thats pretty awesome

I can say im tired of this tailgator, the small pan u der the grill portion is way too damn close to the grates, everything sucks to cook on the grill portion,

Im tired of how much room this sucker takes as well

I think i may switch to either the smaller griddle or something else entirely...
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #113

We have the SMALLER version of the Blackstone griddle and LOVE IT!
ldhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #114

I just finished seasoning my new Culinary series 28" griddle with 6 quart air fryer. It has the full cabinet, folding tables on both sides with magnetic tool storage, and hard cover. It's a Lowe's exclusive on sale for $397

I couldn't pass it up. Two hours to assemble but very straight forward.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:05 PM   #115
Site Team

I see a lot of wooden picnic tables with the ends burned. Many cg's do not allow grills on tables anymore.

Just like many other things, we can ruin a good thing by not treating the equipment like it is ours.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote