Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #21

Mine was made in April 2014. How can it be a 2015? (That's what the paperwork says)
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Model years don't correspond with manufacture dates. My old 2006 Springdale was a 2007 model but sold and titled as a 2006.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #23

Auto makers have in the past traditionally started selling the next years model in Sept of the current year as the next years model...did I put that correctly?.
And any company producing anything now can claim it as the next model year as soon as one second past midnight on January 1st. It's a sales gimmick.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwsmith111 View Post
Ok, how about a pint to 40 gallons of water Camper_Bob. lol Think about it, 32 oz. to 10,240 oz (80 gal.) of water is not much lemon juice. Thanks 0.003125 to 1 ratio of lemon juice to water or 0.3%. At that concentration one can just barely detect the lemon juice, but it is there. I don't even notice it all now, but my dog sure does! Like I said before, the dog won't drink it. We usually carry gallon jugs of drinking water to drink and make coffee with anyway, but sometimes I drink right from the tap and have never had a funky water problem. I don't see any reason why one couldn't try less and then increase the amount until it is barely detectable. I started with 1 pint/40 gallons that my dealer recommended on my old camper and it was fine. :-)

LOL! Yeah, but it SEEMS like a lot. I'm used to seeing it in the little yellow bulbs at the grocery store, and those last me..... Well, I don't think I've ever finished one! I just find them in the back of my fridge, and since I can't remember when I bought it, I figure it's probably too old!

Seriously though, thanks for the pointer. We use a 5G water cooler jug, but it would be nice to just pour it from the tap on occasion...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:27 AM   #25
Lost in the Woods

Camper_bob that's 2 oz. of lemon juice for your 5 gal. jug for the right ratio. lol
Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashighsheriff View Post
Auto makers have in the past traditionally started selling the next years model in Sept of the current year as the next years model...did I put that correctly?.
And any company producing anything now can claim it as the next model year as soon as one second past midnight on January 1st. It's a sales gimmick.
Yeah, Sept for cars and Oct for boats. But to call a trailer made in April of 14 a 15 just seems odd to me.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Camper_bob that's 2 oz. of lemon juice for your 5 gal. jug for the right ratio. lol

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #28

I'm new to this and I didn't realize it was a bad idea to drink the water from. The campsite hose. The dealer just sort of mentioned it as a by the way as i was leaving.
Diesel wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #29
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel wrench View Post
I'm new to this and I didn't realize it was a bad idea to drink the water from. The campsite hose. The dealer just sort of mentioned it as a by the way as i was leaving.

I drink from mine. I am never going to pay for bottled water when it is right in my tap.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #30

Quote:
I use the campsite water for drinking. You should use a white drinking water hose, not a garden hose. Don't forget a pressure regulator. I also use my fresh water tank when needed for drinking as well. Key there is keep it properly maintained.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #31

Me also..I taste test it..if it tastes ok..we use it. If not we use bottled for drinking.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I drink from mine. I am never going to pay for bottled water when it is right in my tap.

We pay $1 for the 5 gallons of drinking water we buy to fill our jug. This is a VERY small price to pay to avoid the discomfort of having severe diarrhea caused by the upset in the bacteria in my gut from using foreign water sources for drinking. If it comes down to it, I'll use the water in my tanks to drink, because at least it comes from my faucet at home, though not through the high end filter in my fridge. My coffee always tastes the same, as does the ice in my drinks. Water snob? You bet.

We'll use the CG water for everything except drinking unless we absolutely have to, and I'll gladly fill that jug at $1 a pop all week long and twice on Sunday.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #33
Lost in the Woods

Shoot Camper_bob, I think many people now days drink bottled water at home where the water quality is as good as most bottled water. I drank from the faucet for many years until my new wife moved in 12 years ago. Now all off a sudden we drink from a Brita water pitcher. We use the same in the RV. I can't tell the difference...
Old 09-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #34
Lost in the Woods

the funny thing is people bet that bottled water is the cleanest yet they are the least regulated. Bottled water facilities have been located near waste facilities and are rarely tested yet Municipal water plants which supply most campgrounds have to do water tests daily.

tap water is far safer to drink
Old 09-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #35
Lost in the Woods

I use to run dedicated for Coca-Cola. Their bottled water products are just tap water run through a filter. I have also hauled bottled water for other companies, mostly the same thing...
Old 09-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #36

I do use a white hose but I don't use a regulator. I've actually only used the trailer once though and I didn't turn the valve up all the way. I guess maybe I should get one. They are like $5.
Diesel wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:24 AM   #37

Quote:
I do use a white hose but I don't use a regulator. I've actually only used the trailer once though and I didn't turn the valve up all the way. I guess maybe I should get one. They are like $5.
Just to let you know opening the valve only a small amount does not reduce the pressure. It only restricts the flow.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Shoot Camper_bob, I think many people now days drink bottled water at home where the water quality is as good as most bottled water. I drank from the faucet for many years until my new wife moved in 12 years ago. Now all off a sudden we drink from a Brita water pitcher. We use the same in the RV. I can't tell the difference...

Quote:
the funny thing is people bet that bottled water is the cleanest yet they are the least regulated. Bottled water facilities have been located near waste facilities and are rarely tested yet Municipal water plants which supply most campgrounds have to do water tests daily.

tap water is far safer to drink

I have few problems with the quality at home, it's primarily the taste, and it is most certainly noticeable, you cannot miss it. We have lived in areas where the municipal water supply is claimed to be safe, but I wouldn't drink it if you paid me. Also, the municipal water supply in the city near where I live was procured from a river, just downstream from at least one steel mill, and at least one sewage treatment facility. There is what I would consider a high incidence of various bladder cancers and Parkinson's cases in this community, and the city water looks, tastes and smells terrible. You would notice the bad taste, and you would not want to drink it. Luckily where I live outside the city, we're on ground water, and we get mailed a report quarterly on test results. So it's a bit better than the city, but only just.

If the water that comes from some of the taps at our state parks is "tested" then they need a new test. I've seen it so bad, you wouldn't want to wash your dog in it.

Contrast that with the bottle I buy for $1 when we go on trips, it is charcoal filtered and RO treated water, and has no flavor. The water from my fridge that we use exclusively for drinking is filtered and has no flavor. We use a Culligan RO system at work, so no flavor (and that's the city water I was talking about).

Bottom line, I don't think the statement "tap water is far safer to drink" is in any way accurate in most of the places I've lived. And anyone with at least one taste bud can easily taste the difference between tap and filtered around here. Growing up, my tap water was pretty good, but since I left the house I grew up in, my current residence is the closest I've come to having "drinkable" water direct from the faucet.

So I will gladly pay the $1 to fill my jug, or bring my own filtered water from home to avoid drinking water from anywhere else. If for no other reason than it keeps the bacteria in my gut in good shape, which keeps me off the toilet and enjoying my trip!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #39
Lost in the Woods

I filter mine as well. Have the inline filter outside and use a brita to store it in the fridge. Although I primarily camp in the New England states and haven't had a bad water experience yet there are likely some bad water sources out there.
I do agree my statement was likely in accurate that tap is safer but it is more regulated than the bottle for sale industry.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #40

Quote:
I do agree my statement was likely in accurate that tap is safer but it is more regulated than the bottle for sale industry.

That I might have to agree with. It seems like they can say whatever they want on the labels. Like "Natural Spring Water" and you look at the label and it says the source is like City of Denver Municipal Water Supply or some such thing. I love that their definition of a "Natural Spring" is the faucet in their bottling facility. SMH

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV