Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

Big foot leveler and main power

Turned on leveling system and hit retract,sounded like they started then just quit. Power off on panel,tried turning on but panel would not come on. Then I found that the main power switch will not turn off.

Haven't found any tripped breakers or fuses. I did try removing the house battery ground for awhile but that has not helped.
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1121 View Post
Turned on leveling system and hit retract,sounded like they started then just quit. Power off on panel,tried turning on but panel would not come on. Then I found that the main power switch will not turn off.

Haven't found any tripped breakers or fuses. I did try removing the house battery ground for awhile but that has not helped.
I have just had my Bigfoot Levelers installed at the company shop so can not give any long-term use advice but...

I found the folks there to be very customer-friendly and helpful, have you given them a call? Quadra Mfg. 800•752•9815
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #3

I was able to get the levelers working turning the ignition on and pulling the connection from the panel. Had to do it twice. At that point levelers worked and main power switch worked as it should.

I did call the toll free number and got voicemail,voice-mail, a message. No one called back.
lefty1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

glad you worked it out, surprised you got no response. During my ordering and installation, they were very good at answering the phone and taking care of me, even had three 30 Amp services available for folks like me, that had to spend the night before or after service. Pretty much a one-person office (reception) and I know she steps out for lunch.
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:17 PM   #5

Ok, so i am now having identical issue with no resolution. Top and bottom lights are flashing after i do a reset. ( That indicates low voltage) Only has power when the engine is running. Batteries are showing 13.8 volts and the generator was running too. The jacks came up about one inch off the ground then stopped. I will try to call number, but I suspect it is a grounding issue. I have a 2014 Seneca 37ts. Can anyone tell me where the pump and resevoir are so i can check the wiring?
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpastorini View Post
Ok, so i am now having identical issue with no resolution. Top and bottom lights are flashing after i do a reset. ( That indicates low voltage) Only has power when the engine is running. Batteries are showing 13.8 volts and the generator was running too. The jacks came up about one inch off the ground then stopped. I will try to call number, but I suspect it is a grounding issue. I have a 2014 Seneca 37ts. Can anyone tell me where the pump and resevoir are so i can check the wiring?
You have 4 pumps and reservoirs, each jack has its own. The two front jack pumps are in the house battery compartment. The two rear jacks the pumps are located on the frame rails behind the rear wheels. Each pump is fed power by a rather large wire and each pump has its own ground. And then each pump has wires coming from the main control box to tell each jack assembly what to do.

The main control box for the jacks is located in the very bottom of the cabinet just inside the coach entry door. Top is the controls, bottom is storage. You have to actually remove the floor in the bottom section and the main control box is under there. A cable comes up from that main box to the touch panel above. Bigfoot may want you to access that box so you can meter the voltages actually coming to the control box.

The power feed for that box comes from battery compartment and I found lots of poor connections feeding my jacks and the generator auto start system (since its wiring is there too). I redid all of it, now no intermittent problems with those systems. The jack control system is fed power from one of the blade fuses attached to the main battery solenoid so check it first. Mine was corroded where it connected to the wiring just a few inches from the main battery cutoff solenoid.
Attached Thumbnails
20210613_225225.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #7

Thanks to Robbyr, I got it fixed. I wish I read his last paragraph first. It was the 5 amp fuse on the right side of the Battery Solenoid that was out. I would have never found where the Controller to the leveling system was without that description. I now will be keeping some spare fuses just for that in the RV. I would be stranded otherwise. Thanks to Robbbyr and the group. Great resourcs.
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:01 PM   #8

Glad I could help!

When you have down time in the future I still suggest you check all the connections in that battery area. May prevent an issue down the road. Especially the inline glass fuses. Being so close to the batteries I believe off-gassing during charging contributes to the corrosion.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote