Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #21

Smile

We purchased our Jayco last August its a 2009 Jayflight 26bhs G2 and we absolutely love it. We had looked at trailer well over two years. I camped as a kid in a trailer. I did a lot or research online talking to other owners and salesman also went to many many rv shows. At one point I had narrowed my search down to the Jayco or Crossroads Sunset Trails. Both have a two year warranty and real wood on roof and floor decking. The problem for me was I wanted a bunkhouse under 30 feet and the crossroads were longer plus the two dealers in my area did not have any models at the dealership and did not seem interested in negotiating a deal. At this point I could not find a model under 30 feet with bunks so I was considering a different floor plan when I stumbled across a Jayco 26 bhs and it was 28 ft 11 inches. I then went back and compared it to many other models similar, one was a puma it had no storage for kids clothes and no draw in bathroom for essentials, jayco does, I looked at a dutchman it had no storage for cutlery one silly draw that was short and angled inside, not even long enough for knives. The Jayco had a much more upgraded look inside as well and came standard with a lot more options that were extra's on other trailers. In my opinion take your time do your homework and really examine where you going to put things when your looking at trailers.
lciancola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #22

Just read this thread. Do I need to say more.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #23

Just found this thread. My wife and I are debating between a Jayco HT and a Crossroads Cruiser Aire. I appreciated having all this input from you Jayco owners. My main concern about the Jayco is that I have heard that it is sometimes difficult to get the HT's to ride level when hooked up to a newer 3/4 4wd...and that even after flipping the axles. We are taking the TV to the dealership this weekend to see. They sell Jayco and Cruiser Aire's. All things being equal, I think we will go with the Jayco.
Thanks again.
Rhizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #24

We bought our 2015 Greyhawk 29mv for a few reasons.
1. Floorplan
2. Quality of construction
3. Location of dealer
4. Interior detail
5. Price
scottshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #25

We had a 2003 gulfstream mako bunkhouse we bought new when the kids were young ... It slept 8 and filled the purpose we needed it for then....Last year when we were at the camper show in fort wayne in we were looking just to see if there were any there that fit the bill of things we had decided we wanted in our next camper. We had made it about 90 percent through the show and had walked in and right back out of most of the campers. Then we walked into the Jayco 338 rets and I was like wow this thing has it all. The main thing we wanted was rear living, a bedroom slide with more room in the bedroom to change and a lot more closet space to hang clothes. This unit met all those needs and more. The finishes inside looked quality. It had solid surface counter tops. The plugs inside were all in about the right places. Cabinet space was more than enough. Window treatments were nice. Plank linoleum flooring looked rich. Outside gelcoat was slick and shiny. I wasn't sure about things like the power awning and power stabilizer jacks but I knew I wanted the power tongue jack for sure. The awning is such a great help I wouldn't know what to do without it now lol. One thing I felt like we lost was basement storage but we have been able to live without it. The one thing that I have seen on some for sale on e bay that I wish Jayco would incorporate is some sort of side table for the couch and chairs in the living room and beside the head of the bed. We bought a ottoman from meijers for like 40.00 to put in front of our couch to put stuff on and for storage it works great. I believe I will be building little side tables for the bed that slide between the mattress and wall to hold them in place so we have a place to put our drinks at night and maybe store our books. None of the new trailers out there are perfect but I think Jayco does a great job for the money and quality overall.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0829.jpg  
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #26

In no particular order:
The two-year warranty
Floorplan
Factory installed J-Ride & Bigfoot levelers
Interior style
Local Jayco dealer's good reputation
Jayco's reputation for helping even after the warranty ends
Comments on this forum vs. other manufacturer-specific forums

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The construction aspect sold me on the Jayco. Also the quality cabinetry materials used, even in their lower priced units. But overall Jayco can do better with their quality assurance. Giving a 2 year warranty is another plus point.
Jayco should finish their product at the Jayco production plant not at the customer or dealers site.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #28

We bought ours because:

It's the only brand of trailer that had the most of the components I liked. Probably the least of most people's considerations. After owning nearly every brand of component, we know what stove, AC, furnace, water heater, converter etc etc that we like. Jayco had Coleman AC, Atwood water heater, Atwood furnace, Atwood stove, Progressive Industries Converter / power center and on the list goes.

Throw in the fact that they are still "Jayco", not Jayco, by X, by Y, by Z (Think Thor), and that helps in my book. Construction is on par for the price. It was the best bank for the buck.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #29

I agree with many of the previous comments. My favorite feature of my little trailer is the bathtub/shower feature. I didn't see this in other brands.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #30

Real nice floor plan with King size bed option in a really nice looking tongue pull at a price with trade in that was better than I could do anywhere else.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #31
Site Team

We looked and liked it. Plenty of room, my current TV could tow it, DW liked the one piece bathroom and the price was right at a local dealer.
SOLD
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #32

It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Knowing what I know about it now I would have walked away..............fast.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #33

We were comparing the JayCo X19H to the Roo 19. The JayCo seemed to have a little more room and we liked it better overall...
AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Knowing what I know about it now I would have walked away..............fast.
Gunnar,
We, too, made a spur of the moment decision and it may have been wrong but it allowed us to pull our HTT (19H) with our TV. Why should you have "walked away...fast?"

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
Gunnar,
We, too, made a spur of the moment decision and it may have been wrong but it allowed us to pull our HTT (19H) with our TV. Why should you have "walked away...fast?"
One word or lack of....................Quality.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #36

We had outgrown our Surveyor

The family had grown by two kids since we purchased our Surveyor TT by Forest River. So, the few times camping in the non-slideout Surveyor, we knew we needed more space.

Since I have been down the road of rotten floor replacement, I knew I would never own another "light weight" trailer with the styrofoam floor ever again.

I started seeing that Jayco used real stick and tin in their trailers, and plywood on the floor and roof, and I was sold on the brand.

We had been joking about a BunkHouse style trailer... and by the time we got to the lot "to just look," we started in the WhiteHawks, and our dealer sales associate slowly worked all four of us (we brought the 4YO and the 14 month old) through the WhiteHawk line, into the Jayflight line, and the last trailer we saw was the Jayflight 32BHDS.

That guy knew what we needed before we did! Super low key sales, no pressure... we were liking the whole "Jayco Experience."

So... here we are. Thats why we bought a Jayco.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
One word or lack of....................Quality.
Interesting...I've been to three different camp sites over the last 3 months, and each time, I've had an owner of another brand tell us they made a large mistake by not getting a jayco over what they did buy.

What year is yours? Model? I have a 2015 hybrid, and am very pleased with it's quality so far. I was dissapointed in the dealership from whom we bought it from, but the camper itself has been a pleasure so far.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #38

Our only complaint is there appears to be little or no post-construction QA. The factory folks are great and have taken care of everything that has come up.

The two year warranty says a lot about their commitment to their products.

If you can, take the factory tour, it is well worth your time.

This is our second Jayco.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #39

Floor plan, and then research. It was an easy decision after that.....then it was pricing. I bought local as I got a good deal on a 13 when the 14's were on the lot. I check the price against the big RV internet dealers and when you take the exchange rate and delivery into consideration I may have saved $700. So buying local was an easy decision as well.

Very happy with my decision thus far.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #40

We had a Jayco previously for 18 years and were very satisfied with it. When I started looking for a "light" trailer around 30', I looked at them all. Came back to Jayco every time, even after looking at others. Also, the price was right. We have been pretty satisfied with the quality, even if there have been a couple of problems. Biggest problem was a cracked front cap, which was replaced totally by Jayco at no cost to us, after the first season of use. Everything else was minor and easily corrected.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote