Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #21

it's always something... you'd figure the manufacturer would have sorted that all out or at least make all the same trailers the same way. Here's a thought, If your A/C power cord is routed like mine (in the overhead storage above the sofa) i believe there is a outlet that the A/C plugs into, maybe you can run your TV's power cord through that storage area and with a small extension, plug into the outlet. You'd have to cut a hole to run the power cord, but you can get a computer table grommet (see pic attached) which would 'hide' most of the hole. It may be the cleanest solution - if it's possible. Also, the grommets are available in all kinds of colours and sizes - typical size is 1 1/2" (i think), one may match the cabinetry colour. Check ebay, I saw some that were a redish-brown colour. Installation is easy, just use clear silicone around the lip of the grommet and install into the hole.
Name:  grommet.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  9.3 KB
smacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #22

Congrats on your new TT!

2014 Jayco X17Z Ultra Featherlite
2011 Ford F150 4x4 V8
Tan&Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lssmith View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to show my new trailer off, picked it up yesterday east of Tucson. Pulling it with my Ford Escape which has the 2.0 Ecoboost and the factory tow package plus anti sway bar. I have Firestone Air Spring on order as the factory is just putting the kit together for the first time. Any comments or questons appreciated. My 3 and 5 year olds love the bunks and my wife loves the storage and bathroom! We just moved up from a Jayco 10FD Tent Trailer. Cheers
Attachment 10305
I just bought the 165 version. I plan on towing it with my 09 Escape with the V-6. I picked it up with a friend's Ram 3500 as mine needs to be wired for brakes and lights. I have moved it around in the yard with the Escape and I'm curious as to whether or not you are using a distribution hitch. I don't think I'll have a problem towing it but I am concerned with how low it drops my hitch to the ground. It does exceed the Escape's tongue weight by about 20 lbs, but I think I can adjust this by moving the battery and propane tank. Just wondering if you are using a hithc and how much of a difference it makes.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #24

Really nice looking set-up! Good luck with the new TT.
FlaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
I just bought the 165 version. I plan on towing it with my 09 Escape with the V-6. I picked it up with a friend's Ram 3500 as mine needs to be wired for brakes and lights. I have moved it around in the yard with the Escape and I'm curious as to whether or not you are using a distribution hitch. I don't think I'll have a problem towing it but I am concerned with how low it drops my hitch to the ground. It does exceed the Escape's tongue weight by about 20 lbs, but I think I can adjust this by moving the battery and propane tank. Just wondering if you are using a hithc and how much of a difference it makes.
Don't forget when you see your tow rate that is just you. After that account for any gear and people. Also look at your frontal area in towing section. The fast way e2 is a good anti sway wdh
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #26

There is a lot of misconception out there. I don't plan to tow the kids, they will be in the Escape with me. Everything in the vehicle counts against the gross weight limit but not the tow limit. That and cargo in the trailer (counts against the 3500lbs tow limit) comes well within the gross vehicle weight allowed for everything. Also the frontal area allowed for the Escape is 30 sq feet. But after talking with a Ford service manager this is outside the square footage of the vehicle itself. So allowing for the Escape, the trailer only has about 12 sq feet exposed. I already tow 2000 lbs regularly with a work trailer both actually working and tent camping with scuba gear. I have no doubt the Escape can tow 3500 and even more. But I did exceed the tongue weight by 20 lbs and it does sit heavy. I plan on replacing the battery with a motorcycle type and putting the propane either in the tub for travel or in the truck itself. That should get me back under the 20 lbs. I don't plan to haul a lot of gear. This is basically a portable hotel room for me and my son to go scuba diving in the keys and gulf coast. All that scuba gear will be kept in the Escape, and again comes well under the gross vehicle limit. I doubt we even carry much more food than a couple bags of chips. (We don't cook). Tired of sleeping in the ground in a tent and I like Air Conditioning. I could do a camper or a truck but not both. Had to make some compromises to get a nice camper I could afford and live with. I can honestly say my work trailer does not lower my truck at all, but I am unsure of the its tongue weight. When I hooked up the camper, the truck dropped about 2 inches in the back. There was some rise in the front but not much. Just wondering if the WD hitch will alleviate this. On another note, I went on ford Escape forums. I always knew it was a tough little truck but I was shocked to see just what this thing can do and what people are towing with them, Especially in the mountains. The Escape is a very capable vehicle.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote