Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #1

24fbs

Hello all, i have been looking seriously at purchasing 23RB. But recently saw the 24FBS that has caught my attention. Only thing is it looks like you would not be able to walk to rear of trailer with slide in. Is this true? Slide owners, do you ever leave slide in? Or is this not really an option. Thanks for any opinions and ideas. Rick
rickfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfriday View Post
Hello all, i have been looking seriously at purchasing 23RB. But recently saw the 24FBS that has caught my attention. Only thing is it looks like you would not be able to walk to rear of trailer with slide in. Is this true? Slide owners, do you ever leave slide in? Or is this not really an option. Thanks for any opinions and ideas. Rick
Hi Rick, we just purchased a 2015 24FBS September 27th. Yes it is true you cannot walk to the rear with the slide in. It's not a big deal though, don't let that turn you away from this TT. We love it! When we are not using it, we put the slide in. When we are getting ready to go camping and are packing the trailer, we will put the slide out to walk around then put it back in before we leave. Take a serious look at this trailer, you won't be disappointed. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #3

I don't know your layout but for me I wanted to be able to use the bathroom ( with the slide in) while traveling from point A to B on my daily drive.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

We had a 2011 24FBS for 3.5 years and loved it. It has excellent storage and we had no problem with the need to move the slide out to access the rear during rest stops or general us of the kitchen area.
The slide out button is just inside the door and convent for movement of the slide. problem.
We just purchased a 2014 Jayco Eagle where again it is necessary to move the slide to access the bath room during rest stops.
We always store our TT with the slides moved in.
Go for it get the 24 FBS TT it is a nice trailer.
reedga1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #5

We got our 24 FBS in January and have pulled it about 4000 miles with about 27 camping nites. Moving the slide out to use the bathroom is no big deal, just press the button for a few seconds then you're good to go (lol,no pun intended). The unit has a great floor plan, plenty of storage and just about all the ammenities you will need. With only 27' front to rear, it's easy to back up and easy to pull. Check it out...it's a good one and we love ours.
Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #6

I don't have a FBS but can offer this with respect to the slide closing off portions of your trailer -- it's not a big deal.

We bought our trailer to use it parked, leveled and set up -- this means the slide is open.

Occasionally we will need to access the bathroom or bunk area when traveling. Again no big deal, we will open the slide 1 - 1.5' for a few minutes, which is enough to pass through to the bathroom and bunk area. In our trailer with the slide in the entire kitchen and front bedroom are accessible.

Unless you plan on a lot of parking lot boon do king night, I wouldn't worry at all about the slide closing off portions of you TT when retracted.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #7

The slide is no big deal. Don't let that prevent you from getting a unit with a slide.
X2 on what clubhouse said, when you need to pass through you don't have to fully extend the slide, just enough to open the bathroom door. We've had multiple cross country trips and many highway shoulder pull offs to use the bathroom. Not an issue.

Slide outs make you unit so much more comfortable and roomier. If you can afford the cost and weight, I wouldn't hesitate.

2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS
2016 GMC Duramax Sierra 3500 HD Denali
4 Crown CR-235 6-volt batteries - 470 AH bank
3000 watt Magnum Energy MSH-3012 Tri Metric 2025
Cummins generator
Winegard Traveler DirecTV slimline HD SK-3005
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #8

I also have a 24fbs, love it! Can't see the problem with the slide.
23's nice but it's not a 24fbs!
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #9

We bought a 2015 FBS in June, and love it. Second trip out, we traveled almost 1000 miles with no problem. Neither one of us can ride more than about 45 to 60 minutes, so we stop at a convenient store for a walk around, bathroom break and some snacks. We don't normally open the trailer until we reach our destination.
Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #10

We have a 2014 FBS and took it on a four week trip this past summer, plus weekenders closer to home. It's a perfect couples trailer, but we did find it a little crowded with our 80lb dog at times! Poor guy did quickly learn the best place to avoid getting stepped on or tripped over was to lie underneath the dinette!

With regard to the slide, it's not a big deal to open it up a little to access the bathroom or kitchen. We did it all the time. Takes just a minute or two to press a button.

Pulls very nicely with a 1/2 ton truck too.
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #11

Wink 24fbs

Thanks for opinions and helpful thoughts regarding 24FBS. Much appreciated. Looking at some trailers in the next few weeks.Also big indoor RV show in Cleveland this winter. Thanks, Rick
rickfriday is offline   Reply With Quote