Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

X213 owners, I'd love your input.

I'm considering purchasing an X213. I'd love current owners input, It's probably an overkill from my current tent trailer but it's everything I could ask for in a travel trailer. I have a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost as a tow vehicle so I know that won't be a problem. Just my spouse, 2 kids (9 and 7 currently) , and myself. And perhaps a dog.

I'm looking at a 2015 model.

Thanks in advance!
Derftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #2

We purchased a 2015 X213 in April for our grown sons and their families to use. So far everyone has been very pleased. The grandkids love the bunk beds. The adults love that it has both a sofa and a dinette area. The bathroom is small but does the job. The only complaints so far have been (1) no light in the king bed slide out...easily remedied by stick on led lights and (2) the low hanging cabinets over the king bed become head bumpers....remedied by sleeping sideways rather than length wise on the bed. Our sons and their families feel like there is plenty of storage space, but I (the grandmother) would like to see more kitchen cabinet space. The camping trips so far have been great, and we are very pleased with our purchase.
galakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, sleep with your head to the center, learned that one already!
Derftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #4

We bought our 2015 X213 this July, having ordered it from a local dealer. Its just my wife and I and our two dogs. Occasionally our full grown children use the bunks. We love it so far. Only real problem was that the electric tongue jack failed on our 1st camping trip, but I was able to crank it manually without a problem. I was dropped shipped a new jack and installed it myself, which was easy.

I posted some other initial impressions here:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20571

John
Hensley Cub WDH, Tekonsha Primus IQ
perfpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

I have a 2013 X213 and really like it. Every trailer is a compromise but this was the best combination of space, features and reasonable size.

Shortcomings though include the upper bunk is small and not that easy to get into. Not a lot of storage space compared to other models. Fresh water tank is small, TV doesn't tilt down and isn't that clear from the couch and the matteresses are rather thin.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #6

X213 2016

We bought our X213 late last year and our issues since then are:
1. Water pump was not tightened and it leaked first time we used it @ camp site.
2. In-line shut off valve to the hot water tank failed, manufacturing defect, and I've replaced it @ campsite.
3. Electric tongue jack is working on and off. I think its a faulty switch. Still haven't had a chance to look at it.

Overall, we love our X213. I'm just glad I'm handy.
Love the couch and the king size bed.
We are a family of 4 and there's plenty of room!. So far we've been used it 6 times.. more on the horizon before winter comes.
S/.
SwsOntario is offline   Reply With Quote