Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #1

Ordering vs on-the-lot 26BHS

I'd like to buy a 2015 26BHS with fiberglass sides. In the case of a 26BH, I've seen that buying one on the lot from OrlandoRV is about $1,000 less than ordering one (on the lot, the 26BH is about $16,600.) I'm thinking about waiting until one like I want is on a lot, with the hope of saving. Advice? Thanks!!
SailandPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #2

You might want to talk to a salesman and see what they say. If you know EXACTLY what you want, you can walk in and find a salesman and offer an easy, but smaller, commission. If they won't take the offer, let them know that you want a particular unit and will buy from whomever can provide it.

You have the luxury of being close to Orlando. You can buy online from RVdirect.com and pick it up in Orlando. I am sure local dealers are aware of the nearby wholesale dealer and would be willing to work a little more on the price.

Get a quote from RVdirect.com priced the exact way you want (with color options you want too, for that matter) and see what it is. I got a quote for 36% off the MSRP. That seemed pretty good to me...
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

I think Orlando RV is the RVdirect dealer in Fla. Get a RVD quote and see if you can get it for even less. I'm pretty sure that's the dealer we picked up our 23B from and they made us very comfortable.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #4

I did get the impression that RVDirect was effectively the internet sales side of OrlandoRV.
SailandPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #5

You say the price of the unit on the lot is a thousand cheaper than something ordered. It sounds like you're willing to pay what the dealer is asking. I may not have all the story here. Is that thousand dollar difference AFTER negotiation? You sure need to negotiate. Often, 30% off MSRP is doable. Many do better. If you get an RVDirect quote and show it to a bricks & mortar dealer, make sure their offer is for the exact list of options.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailandPaddle View Post
I did get the impression that RVDirect was effectively the internet sales side of OrlandoRV.
My understanding is that RVD has "relationships" with a few RV dealers around the country that act as delivery agents for the purchases. I think the inventory that RVD shows you is what is in stock at each of the dealerships. RVD does the work in terms of closing the deal, financing etc and the brick and stick shop (Orlando) just does the delivery and gets near-wholesale for the unit but didn't have to do any sales work.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #7

My dealer was much more motivated to sell units on the lot. When I asked about ordering a unit, they just handed me the Jayco MSRP sheet and said to click the options I want. Prices as printed with freight costs already filled in, no negotiating. They were helpful, just not motivated to bargain at all. The stock was a different story. I guess it all depends on the dealer.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltDog View Post
My dealer was much more motivated to sell units on the lot. When I asked about ordering a unit, they just handed me the Jayco MSRP sheet and said to click the options I want. Prices as printed with freight costs already filled in, no negotiating. They were helpful, just not motivated to bargain at all. The stock was a different story. I guess it all depends on the dealer.
Don't get the "ordered" price thru your local dealer. I used RV Connections in Middlebury In [2 1/2 miles from the Jayco factory]. You plug in the model and options and they quote a price in less than an hour. Unless your dealer is discounting end of year stuff on the lot, you will find the online price many thousands lower. Don't buy the local dealer BS. Make sure he understands you will go elsewhere if he isn't willing to negotiate in good faith.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #9

If a purchase is made thru rv direct and picked up in Orlando, can my local dealer decline to fix any warranty issues? I am concerned about this? Orlando is three hours away from my home in south Florida.

Thanks,

Mike
Mjc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #10

Any Jayco dealer can do any Jayco warranty work. Doubtful they'd ever try to deny it because it's easy guaranteed money for them. If they tried to give you grief, I'd contact Jayco and get them on the dealer.
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc1123 View Post
If a purchase is made thru rv direct and picked up in Orlando, can my local dealer decline to fix any warranty issues? I am concerned about this? Orlando is three hours away from my home in south Florida.

Thanks,

Mike
Yes they can, but will they is another questions. It seems most folks who travel to get their RV either have no claims or are generally able to get a local dealer to provide warranty work. My local dealer was adamant they won't do warranty work on units they didn't sell -- I still drove past them and traveled 2 hrs to another dealer. I had one minor claim regarding the DVD player which I just waited till winter to take it in to the selling dealer, never even talking with the local dealer.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 AM   #12

Dealers will try to sell what they have on the lot. We ordered ours from the factory. When you order from the factory, you will get the latest upgrades and modifications.
Beware of dealers who inflate the MSRP on these campers. I found it can be as much as $2,300.00. We ordered our second Jayco from the factory. Would do it again.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #13

Clarification Previous Thread. We did order threw a dealer, price was very competitive.
Dealer price wasn't any different when ordering exactly what we wanted.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #14

MSRP is nonsense. Markup from it applies only to Lamborghinis. And they don't make campers.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #15

If you go to the Jayco website you can "configure and price" whatever model you are looking for. That will give you the official Jayco MSRP, not some made up number from the dealer. The only legitimate additional charges are whatever transport fee's the dealer pays to get the trailer from the factory to the dealership.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote