Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #1

Talking Jumping from a popup to a Jayco 28BHBE :)

We did it, we put down the deposit on our Jayco order yesterday. In 5 weeks our new 2015 Jayco 28BHBE will be here. Super excited. I think we did very well negotiating the price. We got the Elite package and thermal package and once they would no longer budge on price got them to throw in the slide awning for free. It was a several week negotiation but I'm very happy. We have 3 children ages 14, 11 and 8 and are jumping up from a 2011 Palimino yearling 4102 popup. So it will be a huge jump up. I think the kids will love it and the setup will be so much easier and so will departures since I can keep most stuff ready to go in the camper. We will be towing with a 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7 4x4 with tow package. From what I understand I'm flirting with the line with this combination but I have researched till I'm blue in the face and it looks like with proper equipment it will be a good combination. Getting a P3 brake controller and an equalizer WDH. So now I just am looking for suggestions on those little things I need to get that you normally don't think about Camper accessories. I have some from the popup but just basics. I'm excited to join you and look forward to our camper coming in and hitting the road.
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #2

congratulations, it will be a great upgrade especially when the weather is a little iffy.

As for camper accessories, you should be pretty well off already if you had a PU. Key is not to over load it. Easy to do with all the new storage.

What I like, we come home from a trip. unload, clean everything, reload camper items, closer up. When I want in for what ever reason, open the door and walk right in, no crawling, cranking or anything else.

For a Friday trip, we turn on the Frig on Tuesday, go grocery shopping on Wednesday, toss in the cloths on Thursday. Hook up Thursday night or Friday, and we are gone.

The hardest part is finding somewhere new to go.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #3

I'm very excited about easier set up and departure. Putting up the pup with 3 excited kids running around was always very stressful. Plus the packing things and then trying to organize with limited space in the pup. As far as accessories I have a lot I'm looking more at things that are TT specific that I didn't need before. The bars for in the fridge, Some kind of cover for the stove to make it usable counter space. Any little things I should get. I also know nothing about what I need chemical wise for the black and grey tanks since a real bathroom (yay yay yay) is new territory for me
Old 01-25-2015, 02:43 PM   #4

Oh and those wheel chocks that go between the 2 wheels. Do I want those? I have a BAL leveler on one tire and normal chock block on the other one with the pup. 2 wheels is new lol. Little things like that I'm hoping for tips on what to get
Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum and congrats on new travel trailer...
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

Congratulations and welcome!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #7

Looking at the website I got 37% off MSRP on our new TT and I got them to throw in a slide awning for free. Is that pretty good pricing wise?
Old 01-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #8

Those bad levelers 2nd work with the new to. I use 2x6's to level. I have a bunch, I also have some 1" plywood blocks to put under the stabilizers. It helps to spread the weight over a larger area on soft soil. You can also use the plastic Lego style blocks. Get at least 2 wheel chocks, better yet is four.

Biffie chemicals; lots of thoughts on this subject. First during the camping season always keep 3 to 5 gallons of water in the black tank, this does a few things, first there are good bacteria in the tank that help keep the odors down, second you need the water to flush the crude down the pipe. Also as you drive down the road it slashes and helps break up that crude. Because if that crude dries, it is like cement and becomes nearly impossible to release, and flush down the slinky. Back to chemicals, I primarily just use a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Pinesol, poured down the Biffie, as that extra water is being put in. Some times I use a traditional chemical, but not often. Before dumping, fill the tank at least 3/4 full, then dump your grey tank to flush the slinky. I have a box of disposable surgical gloves in the hold just for handling the dump duty. You will be surprised by how many people dump and do not wash their hands and jump in the TV and go.

Personally, I would sit in the tt, think about how you are going to use it, where you are going to store yore stuff. Have a notebook and write down those items. Buy as little as possible at first, and add over the course of a few trips.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #9

Thanks for the tips on the black tank fun lol. With my PUP I didn't worry about surge's in power. With all the electric stuff on my new TT does everyone get a surge protector?