Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

Bedroom slide in 2014

My trailer has three slides, the two big ones slide in and out very smooth. But the bedroom slide seems like it's tilted downward slightly. It will go in and out ok, but the motor sounds like it's working hard and it isn't smooth and consistent like the other two slides. It looks like the bed is putting alot of pressure against the floor. I opened the access under the bed hoping to find a pitch adjustment or something, but no luck. I really don't want to get in over my head anyway. Maybe this is just the nature of the beast though too. Anyone else's bedroom slide operate like this?
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #2

You should bring it to your dealer and see if its normal.

My 2013 has a different mechanism on the smaller slide and it sounds like its straining, but I was told thats normal.
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #3

Our 5th also has 3 slides. The BR slide is a Schwintek (sp?) which is a completely different mechanism from the other 2. Most notable is that it has 2 motors that are sync'd by a fancy control module. It's easy to spot that type of mech by the gear tracks on each side of the slide. They've had mixed reviews since making an appearance but ours seems to work fine. The two motors make a kind of high pitched noise but it goes in/out pretty straight and smooth. If you have this type of hardware you can find several YouTube videos that discuss how they work, how to diagnose and how to sync the motors. Imnaha is right, the dealer needs to check it out.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #4

I have not noticed any difference in our three slides. I have it all buttoned up from the rain we had the last couple of days but will open it up today and take a look. I thought all the slides had the same type of slide mechanism but must admit I did not look at them that closely. The slides do have some tilt to them but slide into place nice and securely. The bedroom slide is a tight fit right up against the dresser on the opposite end. I agree however, that if you think there is a problem, take it in to your dealer and let them check it out. Then you are on record if there is a problem.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #5

Sounds like it's worth getting looked at. Will probably take it to dealer this winter after the campin season's over and they can have a look at it. I also have a chipped piece of solid surface countertop that I think will be warrantied, so that will work out good, have my work done in winter. Since it's down there they can store it for me then too.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote