Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #1

2015 Jayco 19XUD

Not sure if these are rare or what, but I haven't seen many folks talking about this particular model. Anyone have a 19XUD? Any tips, tricks or pointers specific to this model?

Thanks,
Luke
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with your questions, but this is probably the right place to ask.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 PM   #3

We just picked one up after Christmas. We love it! Have only had one outing with it, but already have 3 more planned. Haven't really got any tips for you, but if you have any questions, I might be able to answer them for you.
RRSCF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:25 PM   #4

Oh cool! Where did you get yours? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? We got ours at Tampa RV for $16,500. Congrats!

One question I've been pondering... With the small-ish grey water tank, do you use a portable waste tank?
Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

We have a 2013 x20e. Yours looks like it has all the same parts as ours, just arranged a bit differently. We are slightly larger but all that may be is an extra foot in the galley area. We have a 3 burner cooktop, but I don't cook much at home, so don't expect to be cooking much on the road.

We love our TT and our little grandkids go positively insane over it. the tent ends are a lot of fun for the kiddies and it does give some separation for the grown ups. We think our front bunk is more comfy than the back and while the dinette bed does work in a pinch, it is not our favorite. When made up as a bed, however, the dinette is great for movie nights where everyone can snuggle in.

Everything works and we have discovered that we can stay out 2 or 3 nights of boondocking on our batteries. They will feed the lights; slide; furnace fan; and water pump, but we watch our battery level and we are careful. that said, we like the quiet of boondocking. Our area is hot so we will definitely be on shore power in the summertime so that we can use our AC.

Our first night was at Walmart. Next one was several nights about a mile from home because we were new and didn't want to get stuck. Took 90 minutes to UNhook the trailer so we were glad to be close to help. Boondocked on the beach for 5 nights but had to recharge our batteries from our car each day, which took about an hour.

You are going to love your TT and the memories that you cherish all your lives. Keep you sense of humor - it is the mistakes that will keep you laughing.
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:22 AM   #6

Everybody has their own system for leveling their trailer and you will develop your own.

As far as portable waste tank goes here's my input. I boondock for extended periods so I use one. If not camped near a water source I will dump the bathroom grey on the ground if it wont make a a puddle that's in the way. I have found the larger tanks require less trips but are more of a pain to store and haul. An ATV can help.
On un paved surfaces can hard to move and the front axle has bent a couple times. I now put my tank in the bed of my truck and pump the waste into it with a Tank Buddy mascerator pump. Then I can drive it to a dump station. I use the kitchen grey as a rinse for the tank. Then add water to the tanks. If near a clear creek I'll bucket that water for the tanks.
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Oh cool! Where did you get yours? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? We got ours at Tampa RV for $16,500. Congrats!

One question I've been pondering... With the small-ish grey water tank, do you use a portable waste tank?
Hey Luke. We actually purchased from the same store. We did a lot of research and went in well informed. We went back and forth with them for a few weeks before we committed. General RV and Camping World played a part in getting us a great deal. We played them against each other and Tampa RV made it clear they wanted our business. They agreed to $15,500 plus a Reese WD hitch thrown in. During the paperwork phase we noticed a discrepancy between the agreed price and what was on the final sale documents. There were undisclosed fees added. We actually got up to walk out over the difference. It was only $150, but it was principal that made us walk. The manager waived those fees so we paid the $15,500 plus tax out the door.

As for the grey tank, we do have a portable, but I crack the valve on the tank and let it trickle out each night. To me it's no different than the guy on the next site over who washes his dishes and dumps the water on the ground next to the water hookup.

Congrats on your purchase and have lots of fun making memories.
RRSCF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:50 PM   #8

We got ours last fall and love it. We are on an extended trip in CA and AZ. Some hook ups, some dry camping. Plan to get a portable waste reservoir for boondocking.
Aspengran is offline   Reply With Quote