Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Replacing Loveseat in the Greyhawk

We are looking to replace the love seat in the Greyhawk 31FK. Thought we could get a Lazyboy but none fit the dimensions we needed. They were all too high in the back and would cover half of the window.

We found a online custom furniture called DISCOUNTRVFURNITURE.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvdo...tureDeleon.htm

Has anyone replaced their love seat? I would imagine the dimensions of one Greyhawk would be different than a different floor plan. What issues should I worry about?

Has anyone bought from this dealer?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 10-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #2

I would like to replace the loveseat in my Granite Ridge 31SS, also. (This is same RV, as far as I can tell) I came looking to this forum for exactly this reason. I was hoping to put in 2 small leather recliners that would be movable, but there isn't enough room. Only 5 feet across and I would need around 5 and a half feet.

Does anyone know if removing the loveseat and all of it's steel assembly would weaken the structure of the slideout?

I was thinking of removing the dinette also, and replacing it with table and chairs. Would this affect the strength and integrity of the slideout?

Would really appreciate feedback, and maybe even suggestion as to where to take the RV for this servcie.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Kathy, what did you decide?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #4

I had to replace my loveseat in my 2011 31 FK due to my wife being able to only sleep in a recliner. The recliner we bought was not from that dealer. It was a fully rotating recliner on a circular base that allowed us to rotate the chair forward when under way and rotate it toward the TV when camping/sleeping. It was not difficult to remove the 4 or 6 through-the-floor bolts holding it down with one exception. The two bolts closest to the center isle do NOT drop out onto the ground. They disappear into the flooring space that is not accessable. I ended up driving the bolts flush with the carpet and leaving them in the floor. I plugged the other holes from the bottom and taped over them. I built a semicircular platform the height of the raised platform that could be moved as the slide moved in and out. With the slide in or out, the chair base was too large to balance safely on the platform unassisted. Insure you secure the chair to one of the seat belt tiedown bolts or the chair will tip over in even a gentle turn with someone in it. We were disappointed this coach did not come with even one chair and now we have one. I saved the loveseat to reinstall when we sell this unit.
cycletwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

Cycletwo,

Did you take any pictures?

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #6

See my posting under Replacing sofa with recliners. MH is in storage so i can't get pictures, but can describe how we did it and the manufacturer of the reclinin loveseat.
Used it with Adventurer Camper, Montana 2955RL, and Jayco 25RKS TT
We've had pop-up, travel trailers, camper, and fifth wheel over the last 30+ years.
Waiting for spring to get back on the road!
Toby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby2011 View Post
See my posting under Replacing sofa with recliners. MH is in storage so i can't get pictures, but can describe how we did it and the manufacturer of the reclinin loveseat.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to the Forum.

I went ahead and removed the sofa (5 feet) and one of the dinette seats and the table with it's posts. The other dinette seat had electical built in and what looked like a speaker box, so I left that one alone.

Also found the bolts to be easy enuf to remove, as with some light tapping, they just fell out when the slideout was out. Also, there were 2 bolts I couldn't remove because of their location. I will secure them with a nut and cut them off. I also planned to tap in a wood dowel into to bolt openings.

The bolts don't hold any of the furniture, just the tubing inside that secures the seatbelts for the passengers.

Now the inside looks a bit like a "gutted" room. i have bot 2 modern, leather recliners with footstools and they are wonderfully comfortable, and moveable to any position. i plan to put in a dropleaf table and 2 small chairs to complete the dinig area. It's comfortable for what I wanted, but not very appealing for decorating purposes. I saved the pieces I took out, so that they could be returned if necessary.

Has anyone taken out the entertainment center over the cab? Since I removed the only extra sleeping places, I thought I might remodel the cabover and put a bunk back up there, with a TV attached to the side. The cabinets are so deep that I can't reach back into them.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #8

The bolts you couldn't reach are accessible inside the coach. You might need to bring the slide in but they are in reach if you lift the carpet masking the slide mechanism. I used thin nuts that push on to secure the bolts so they can't drop and do damage.
Used it with Adventurer Camper, Montana 2955RL, and Jayco 25RKS TT
We've had pop-up, travel trailers, camper, and fifth wheel over the last 30+ years.
Waiting for spring to get back on the road!
Toby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote