Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger View Post
Hmmm, more dislikes than I'ld like to see. Oh well, done deal for me at this point. They were a lot cheaper than Kingston for my unit. I kind of agree with the "once they have your money" comment a little. Before I bought, my calls were returned promptly. After the deal I asked for a copy of the invoice to be e-mailed to me to double check all the options were correct and never heard from them. Well, to early for me to flame them. I can only hope for the best. Anyone order a new jayco? They told me 6-8 weeks. That would put me at about the beginning of Dec.
I was told if I ordered this week it will be in beginning of January for a 28BHBE with all the option's that I wanted , they said the factory close's for Thank's given and Christmas so it will take longer this time of year

mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #22

Unhappy

Thanks for the info. Still sorting out the TV anyway. New hitch ready to go on. this morning there was a puddle of brake fluid under the left side. Lines are all looking worse for wear . I saw on line they were trying to pressure gm into a recall on the brake lines on these trucks. But gm says its a normal wear item from road salt for people in the "snow belt" Lucky me.
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #23

We ordered our new trailer around September 29th. We were just contacted today with an update that the unit will be complete and shipped on Nov. 5th, and that the factory is running a little ahead of schedule right now. If everything goes as planned, it'll be just over 5 weeks from start to finish.
mspontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #24

Mspontiac, Otter Lake in poconos still open with indoor pool and bass! Not in the pool...or better yet Myrtle Beach! Have fun
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #25

Sounds fantastic! We're hoping to still be able to get some camping in, even here in the Midwest. Keeping our fingers crossed for mild temps when we get it.
mspontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger View Post
Hmmm, more dislikes than I'ld like to see. Oh well, done deal for me at this point. They were a lot cheaper than Kingston for my unit. I kind of agree with the "once they have your money" comment a little. Before I bought, my calls were returned promptly. After the deal I asked for a copy of the invoice to be e-mailed to me to double check all the options were correct and never heard from them. Well, to early for me to flame them. I can only hope for the best. Anyone order a new jayco? They told me 6-8 weeks. That would put me at about the beginning of Dec.
I went online to Albany RV's wholesale division RV Direct and obtained a quote for a 2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE. I took the quote to CW Kingston on Labor Day Weekend and they matched the quote right to the penny. I had to order the trailer from the Jayco factory. It took 4 weeks from ordering to delivery at CW Kingston.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #27

I was going to buy from camping world Kingston. When they were Campers barn. Was working with Irene, she is still there and a nice lady. Just could not come to an agreement on price. Will be interested to see how camping world handles any problems you have. Oh yea Best of luck with your new trailer.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
I was going to buy from camping world Kingston. When they were Campers barn. Was working with Irene, she is still there and a nice lady. Just could not come to an agreement on price. Will be interested to see how camping world handles any problems you have. Oh yea Best of luck with your new trailer.
I've had 4 brand new trailers and always took care of the minor things myself. My time is too valuable to waste time taking the trailer in and waiting weeks for minor stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed on the new Eagle.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:57 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
I've had 4 brand new trailers and always took care of the minor things myself. My time is too valuable to waste time taking the trailer in and waiting weeks for minor stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed on the new Eagle.
A friend of mine bought their Eagle from Campers Barn just before the switch.They had a couple minor issues but Jayco sent him the parts and he fixed them himself. His warranty runs out next year so a that point it won't matter either way.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote