Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #1

Water Valve Panel

Can anyone tell me what each setting does specifically? I see what the tags say and it says to see the owners manual for details but there is nothing in the manual that talks about this. 2007 Jayco Eagle 5th wheel
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1079.jpg  
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #2

They do the functions that are listed, where it gets confusing is the "Normal" setting. That is to get water from the tank using the pump.

If you want to use hook-ups, that is city water

If you want to fill the tank, that is tank fill

If you need to sanitize your tank, you use that setting and use a small piece of hose is a bucket of bleach water and the pump will put it into the tank.

If you are winterizing, use the short piece of hose in a gallon of antifreeze and the pump will put it into the lines, the same for sanitizing lines, only you use a bucket of water with some bleach, Again the pump will push it through the lines.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #3

That pretty much answers my question. Yesterday, someone winterized my RV and when they were finished, they put the configuration in NORMAL. Not knowing it had been winterized, I showed up today, hooked up the city water hose and turned on the water. I turned on the faucet in the kitchen but nothing came out, no air, no water. I assume because I didn't turn on the water pump.

I don't think I affected the winterization because I didn't start the pump and if I'm right, the water wouldn't enter the lines, even though water was hooked up and turned on, unless the pump was started. Does this sound right

I sure don't want to go through the winterization process again if I didn't affect what was already done.

TIA
Old 10-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

no it doesn't sound right. City pressurized water doesn't need the pump.

there may have been some water get in some of the lines

why did you hook up the water? where is the trailer?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #5

It's a long story but here goes:

We left the camper at the campgrounds on Sunday and gave instructions that they were supposed to call me before they winterized so I could watch them do it since I have never seen it done.

I left before my wife so I called her and told her to disconnect the city water hose before she left which she did. We had planned tro go back today and clean out all the food and cloth stuff for the winter.

I got there before she did and not knowing it had been winterized, I hooked up the hose and turned on the water to get some to wash a few things down inside. When I didn't get any water, I started checking and found out it had been winterized but after your post, I didn't think I affected anything since I didn't turn the pump on.

Maybe I am wrong.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

I am sure some water got in. I don't know for sure but if the hose was hooked up it would at least get to the manifold where all those switches are.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #7

The city water connection is on the ouside of the camper right behind the manifold.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

like I said...IMO there likely is water right to that manifold or in parts of the manifold.

I could be wrong and maybe someone could give a definitive answer but I would contact the people who winterized and ask them.

If that manifold freezes and cracks it might be a big job.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #9

If you never moved the valves from "normal" position, then you likely still got fresh water to your water pump (maybe not "thru" it, but probably to it)

Now you could get a hand pump, and pump in a few pumps of "pink koolaid", or get a blow out plug, and give it a decent blast of air. (I would likely do both-air first). Dont change the setting from normal though.

As nbhybrid said. That valve manifold is costly. Save it, give it a few shots of koolaid.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #10

Thanks for a the info
Old 10-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #11

Definitely run some more antifreeze in. You will need to set the manifold to the sanitize/ winterize lines and then connect a small piece of hose to the fresh water connection. Open one of the inside faucets and then go outside and start the pump. You should see the antifreeze leaving the jug, you may have to hold the jug level with the utility panel to get it to prime. As was mentioned the cost of a gallon of antifreeze will be alot cheaper than a new manifold. The little bit of water that is mixed in the system will be diluted with anitfreeze.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #12

Since the city water connection is right close to the outside shower, I could probably open that until I get anitfreeze out.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
Since the city water connection is right close to the outside shower, I could probably open that until I get anitfreeze out.
Grumpy recommended a kitchen faucet........just insures you have anti-freeze through out the system. You do need to make sure the outside shower has the pink flow as well. Don't forget the black tank flush..it needs a shot also.
Our first TT we were reluctant to winterize it so we took it to a dealer. Next spring, sprung a big leak.........outside shower had never been winterized
Good luck with gaining knowledge on your rig. Hang in there.
Hate to see this season end...............
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #14

when the series of valves are set to normal, and you hook up a city hose, nothing happening is normal, as water should enter when you turn the valves to city, They should have drained the tank so Normal setting the pump should be dry. but if you managed to get some water in, you may have to winterize again to make sure there is none left in from the outside hose connector to the valve, and if you changed the valves perhaps even further in. safer to run thru the winterize which is the bottom right setting on the panel. and check that the water tank is empty, and open plug on hot water tank so you know they emptied it.
melhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 AM   #15

RV anti freeze is a lot cheaper than replacing a busted pipe or fitting. If it were my unit, I would re-winterize it and not have to worry about it.
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote