Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #1

10sd vs 1007ud vs 1207ud

Anyone look at these models when purchasing their jayco? I've narrowed it down to those 3 and besides the weights and lengths what did you like over the ones you didn't choose?
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

front storage is handy on the Jay series. You can never have enough with a pup. I think you should be able to narrow it down a bit more as long as weight is not a concern because the sport is considerably smaller than the 1007 or 1207.

Think about the beds...is a double big enough? Will it be big enough 6 years from now?

If money was not an issue nor towing ability of your TV definitely go with the 1207 IMO
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #3

Take a good look at the floor layout at the dealership for any choices. We chose a sprt 10 instead of 12 just because we actually felt we had more room to move around. We were going to go with a 12 but decided against it when we actually walked in it.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #4

thanks for the replies. I am still having difficulty deciding.
  • the weight and length of the 1207UD is doable but I'm wondering if I need that much. It has some nice storage and layout is ok but is the largest. Will be the hardest (although not necessarily hard) to maneuver in my garage as it's at an angle to my street. This layout is more favorable than the 1007.
  • 1007 does not have a favorable layout - no counter space and blocking bunks on both ends. But it is a good size and decent price.
  • 10SD: How much smaller is this than the 1007? I can see the specs but anyone been in each at an RV dealer? This has the best layout as it has good counter space and has the dinette area without adding the other U-Dinette. I don't mind the U-Dinette but I plan to spend most camping time outside not inside so unsure if this is needed. Folks who have the U-Dinette...what do you like about it.
  • Bed Size: King sounds great but don't think it's needed. i could go either way. i have a 10 and 8 year old who would share the full (on the 10 and 1007) or Queen (on the 1207).
Old 09-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #5

We almost never eat inside...one of the first things we do is take the table out of the trailer. Sleeping on a queen ain't bad. I am 270lbs, 6"2, my wife is considerably smaller, and most times we have our 4 year old in with us. I wouldn't say we still lack space.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #6

I've come to find out that you can't put an outside shower on the 10SD which is a requirement of ours. We have a son with a very rare disease that he "could" take a shower in a campgrounds facilities but could be dangerous from any bacteria, etc.

That leaves with the 1207 or 1007. It really bothers me that Jayco (which I want) loads these 2 with so much on the couch department and not the storage/counter tops. This has me leaning towards the 1207 but that is big.

I have looked at Flagstaffs and, although they have way too many models they seem to utilize the space better, ie, more counters. But those are hard to find where i'm at.

So all you 1207 and 1007 owners. Sell me on which one and why?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #7

we just got the 1207 and would not buy any other just got back today from a 4 day trip and the room was so nice and we even pushed ours into the garage with just two people it was so easy to move around
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #8

We had a 1006 and was perfect. No climbing over any thing to get to the bunks. Storage trunk on front, outside shower etc. I know its not on your list. The only reason we got rid of it was to have a bathroom on a longer trip. We went with a lightweight 184bh. Maybe its meets your specs for towing Good luck with your choice
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #9

1207 - the u-dinette is larger, you can get to the queen side without stepping onto the dinette, which is nice if/when using that dinette as a small bed, and considerably more counter space.