Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #21

So my local dealer calls me yesterday and says they have just got in a used 2014 Seneca 37TS with all of the options.

When we ran numbers on the new 2014 they wanted to give me 66k for my 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J (with all options). At the end of the deal they wanted 120k + my coach for the Seneca...a deal worth about 220k to the dealer...lol.

For the used coach with 9,000 miles they want my coach, still at 66k + 109K for the Used Seneca. A deal worth about 210k to the dealer.

I laughed to myself, because we all know when they took the used Seneca in on a trade they paid low wholesale and now they want high retail for their coach while giving me low wholesale for my trade.

No deal even close yet. I've offered them my coach which is NADA value at 85k low book, and 70k cash a deal that is worth about 155k to the dealer...fair in my estimation.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #22

I can only speak for my coach here, but I researched it for about a year before the DW and I bought. What I noticed was that there was about three major overhauls in the 2014 year model. The early models were 2013 models, same kitchens and kitchen window placement. The mid year models had the new kitchens (which we love) without a kitchen window, then the late year models added a kitchen window. One final addition was the ones on the cusp between the 14s and 15s. Those had the new TV cabinet in the over cab bunk, new keyless entry and switch placement. Now this was on the FS's. I think it can help you though, if you look through the models and find out approximately when this model he is trying to sell you was built. If it is closer to the 13 year models, push him towards the 13 prices. The dealers can work the numbers to fit their purpose, so it depends on how much they want to sell to you. I would find out why the first user traded the truck in, though. That might help you too. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #23

My local dealer has dropped the price on the new 2014 37TS by 40k yesterday on their web page, so that tells me that they are willing to negotiate.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #24

Did you make a deal yet? If you are willing to travel, our local dealer has proved their ability to meet the best price available. They are near Portland OR
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerjohnc View Post
Did you make a deal yet? If you are willing to travel, our local dealer has proved their ability to meet the best price available. They are near Portland OR
Who is the dealer...Johnson RV?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #26

Yes - in Sandy, OR. Chuck was the sales rep. If you speak with them just let them know John Meyer referred you. I talked to Chuck about online sales.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #27

I spoke with Chuck and they are right where my local dealer is at on price. Unless I can save really big there is no reason for me to go out of state.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #28

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest you look at Bill Plemmons RV. These guys are my local dealer, and have two locations, one in Raleigh and one in Winston Salem. They are offering a Lifetime Warranty on all their new coaches. They will negotiate. And their service department seems to be pretty good in as much as they did all the things everyone complains were not done to their coaches. I guess it really depends on how much your time is worth. When we bought our, it came down to a CW in Houston and Bill Plemmons. In the end, CW could not make it worth my time and fuel to drive there and back, where Bill Plemmons was more that willing and able to make the deal.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULazy2 View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest you look at Bill Plemmons RV. These guys are my local dealer, and have two locations, one in Raleigh and one in Winston Salem. They are offering a Lifetime Warranty on all their new coaches. They will negotiate. And their service department seems to be pretty good in as much as they did all the things everyone complains were not done to their coaches. I guess it really depends on how much your time is worth. When we bought our, it came down to a CW in Houston and Bill Plemmons. In the end, CW could not make it worth my time and fuel to drive there and back, where Bill Plemmons was more that willing and able to make the deal.
Suggest you ask questions about the "lifetime warranty". Dealer near my house is offering this lifetime warranty on new units as well, BUT you have to have the winterizing function done by their personnel, at a cost of $400/yr, they also inspect everything, etc., but this warranty costs $400/yr. Miss one year, and no more warranty. I did buy from this dealer, but not new, bought used. Tech told me they do winterizing process for $99, and if anything is bad come spring, they fix free, but have not checked any further into this option yet.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #30

Yes there is yearly maintenance required on the lifetime warranty. You have to inspect the roof, have the oil changed and inspect and repack the wheel bearings. Honestly, that should be regular maintenance anyway. To each their own, though. I am certainly not saying my way is the right way, just a way. On a side note, I read the extended maintenance plan I had on my last DP, and it covered less than the lifetime warranty, though I did not have to document the maintenance performs or have it done by a dealer. We will see this spring how much it costs me and whether it is worth it to me or not.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #31

I can not recommend a Jayco Motorhome. We had an excellent experience with our JayFlight however nothing but trouble with our Jayco Motorhome. They are very expensive but if you carefully compare the specifications to other brands you will find that the tend to command a $20K price delta. We will never buy another Jayco product again.
2014 Greyhawk 31FS with a 2007 Tahoe toad
New setup:
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 with a 2017 Ford Explorer toad
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #32

Seneca 2015TS

We just drove our 2015 TS from MN to AZ. Put on close to 1900 miles pulling a 2010 Ford Explorer. Normally drove 62 MPH. Absolutely no problem towing. Got 8.9 MPG for trip. Probably will pursue smaller toad.

I have had water heater problems (now seems to be fixed) and a pantry problem (shelf shifted and locked pantry in closed position). Shelves now permanently attached (not adjustable) to fix problem.

Engine noise not a problem. Radio speakers are terrible, need to replace. Depending on wind direction both doors have some wind noise. Not sure how to address.

Placement of navigation/backup camera not very good. Hard to see and not in good place for passenger to work with. I bought Garmin RV GPS which is great.

Foster15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote