Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

fuse question

I'm camping with full hook up. I noticed the GAS light on my refrigator was on. (It was running on electric). Also none of the plugs in the kitchen worked. I flipped the circut breakers in the trailer off and on but none of them looked like they were tripped. One of the fuses, the second one down is marked REF KIT BATH. It has a big black head on it and looks like a blade fuse but a lot bigger, it's a 20 AMP. I tried pulling it out but the head caame off. I never ggot it out. I unplugged from shore power and tnen pulgged back in and everything worked again. So the fuse is still good even without the head, my question is does this fuse just pull out like the rest of the blade fuses??
What would have caused my lloss of power? I wwas running the air and plugged in a coffee maker on the outside pulg of the trailer when I noticed the outage.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #2

Have had the same type issue, and found that the fridge, outside 110v outlet, and bathroom outlet are all on the same GFI breaker. Mine was on the outlet in the bathroom. Reset the gfi and all mentioned outlets were hot again.

Unplugging from shore power and re connecting wouldn't rest your gfi.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #3

I'd be surprised if you had AC circuit protected by a fuse so it's most likely part of your 12V so it's probably the lights in kitchen/batch and the 12V to the fridge and not part of the problem. I'll bet cycling the AC breakers was the magic. A tripped breaker can be hard to spot, the paddles on the breaker will sometimes barely move when the breaker trips. I have more luck finding a tripped breaker by feel than the way it looks (probably need better glasses). If it was not resetting a breaker that got you back to normal maybe there's something going on with the converter. Anyone know it these things have some form of overload protection other than the breakers or maybe an over-temp protection?

I'd also replace the stuck fuse, maybe gently coaxing it out using pliers (disconnect from shore power and disconnect the battery first). My worry would be that it is not making the best contact and has "welded" itself into the fuse holder.
What model and vintage is your TT?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention my TT is a 2012 Jayco Jayflight
29 RLDS. I will try to pick up a fuse like the one in there and get it replaced.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote