Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #1

HDMI Splitter 2 thumbs up.

Wanted to post feedback around a recent upgrade I completed. Leave the 5th wheel permanantly parked so earlier this year had DirecTV install a HD dish to go along with my HD receiver. Not wanting to buy or run multiple receivers, I found a HDMI splitter from monoprice.com. Bought a 1x4 splitter along with 2-50', 1-40' and 1-4' HDMI cables (about $120.00 in total.) We now have an amazing HD picture not only at the living room tv, but also in both bedrooms and on the LED I installed in the cargo bay. Best $120 I have spent so far........
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
Wanted to post feedback around a recent upgrade I completed. Leave the 5th wheel permanantly parked so earlier this year had DirecTV install a HD dish to go along with my HD receiver. Not wanting to buy or run multiple receivers, I found a HDMI splitter from monoprice.com. Bought a 1x4 splitter along with 2-50', 1-40' and 1-4' HDMI cables (about $120.00 in total.) We now have an amazing HD picture not only at the living room tv, but also in both bedrooms and on the LED I installed in the cargo bay. Best $120 I have spent so far........
Intriguing. What are the part numbers of the cables and splitter you used?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #3

I used their 1x4 Mini HDMI Splitter w/ 3D Support #7618 and for HDMI calbes, I went with 22AWG throughout. Their cables are a bit bulky, but I don't think they have much if any signal loss.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
I used their 1x4 Mini HDMI Splitter w/ 3D Support #7618 and for HDMI calbes, I went with 22AWG throughout. Their cables are a bit bulky, but I don't think they have much if any signal loss.
Thanks, Jrmay!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

So, how do you change the channel?
phemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #6

System works exactly the same as if the receiver was hooked only to a single tv where channel changing is done with the receiver remote. Keep in mind that even though I'm splitting the signal to multiple TV's, your still restricted to watching the same satelite channel on all TV's. The benefit, and reason I did this was because all my TV's are LED and this lets them receive a HD signal without having to use multiple HD receivers.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phemens View Post
So, how do you change the channel?
On newer directv recievers you can get an RF remote that will work anywhere around your RV and doesn't require line of sight to reciever. Thats what I use.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #8

That's correct about the RF remotes. Work great at changing channels without a direct line of site to your receiver. If your really nice to the DTV install guy he might hook you up and accidentally leave you a few extra ones. I leave one at each TV so we can always change channels without having to drag the main remote with us.