Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Dinette Storage Access

We just upgraded to a 26BH. We take delivery next week. The dinette booths have storage underneath accessible by a door on the end or via the top. I am planning on adding some sort of drawer system with tubs so my kids can easily access their clothes through there. Any suggestions/pictures of anyone who has made that area more readily accessible. Thanks
jayco184bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #2

for the 10 seconds it takes to lift the cushion and ply wood I wouldn't mess with a drawer system. The front access doors on that dinette are great for things right there (we kept shoes in the one nears the bunk) but to get back you would need a drawer that was so long I doubt there is enough room to open it far enough before it hit the fridge or cabinet on the other side.

We stored kids clothes in the little closet next to the single on top -- then added 3 stackable plastic drawers under that for the kids clothes. As I said the dinette storage near the bunk was for shoes and board games. The one nearest the door held bulk pantry items; and some misc items like dog bowls & food, plastic bags, small tool box.

Under the couch we stored extra bottle water, soda, beer, and paper products.

We enjoyed our 26BH, sure it is tighter with no slide, but plenty workable with some planning. It wasn't till kid #3 that we finally gave in and moved to a larger BH w/ slide
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #3

I replaced the 1/8" plywood seat with 3/8" plywood and hinged it to the wood (particle board) seat back. This way I can remove the cushion and flip up the seat plywood to access the storage below. Our storage area had two 1X2 wood cross pieces so I replaced those with just one 2X2 cross piece, giving me more access to the storage area. I do use some of those plastic bins (with lids) to keep some order with things under there. Drawers that would pull-out of the door opening would waste too much space IMO.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #4

we found plastic bins the right size to pull out through end door and actually use as our pots and pans "drawer". I keep a rag just inside door to cover the bottom wood frame from scratches. It is cheap and quick workable solution for us. The bins leave the wall half or so for storage accessed from the top once remove cushion. Total cost about $10.00!
Swift2014 is offline   Reply With Quote