Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
Save $400??? How much is your insurance? I only pay $300 a year for full coverage.
I believe it is because they are insuring a motorhome, which carries different and more expensive insurance then a trailer. My trailer ins. is now less then 150 a year, with a vanishing deductible that is now 0 after 5 years.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #22

Some storage facilities require insurance of sorts to store there, if at your own home home owners may have it covered to a point (may not be the same with a rent situation though)same goes when towing with a vehicle (while in tow). May have to carry seperate insurance for just when its not in use or storage for along period of time. I guess it really depends the value of your TT, if its being financed still, how old, the amount of traveling and actual usage. We keep out little 165 insured year round (very minimal) and stored at our home. We have a large bundled plan with life ins, home, 3 cars, and the TT.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #23

I recently raised my deductible on Collision to $2500 as the RV is semi-permanently set-up in a RV park in Az. and my truck is in Alaska.

That move saved me $83 on a $400 insurance premium...Progressive Ins. Co.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #24

Pretty sure collision coverage only comes into play when your vehicle runs into something.

In the case of another vehicle running into yours, their collision coverage should cover it. Otherwise, you'd need an uninsured motorist rider.

Comprehensive covers it otherwise.

Had a deer run into my wifes car as we were driving down the road, that was covered by comprehensive. Had I run off the road and hit a tree trying to dodge the deer, then my collision would have had to cover it. (I asked )

In the same vein, windshields cracked by thrown rocks are covered under comprehensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfir1 View Post
The issue here is what if your RV is run into by another vehicle? That has to be picked up by collision coverage, not comprehensive.
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote