Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #1

Leaks Under The Kitchen Sink!!!

Have any of you had problems with leaks under the kitchen sink of your Jayco RV? My 2011 Jayco Jayfeather G2 travel trailer has leaked under the kitchen since we purchased it new that year. Complaints to Jayco resulted in us being told no one else has complained of that problem. We have tried multiple fixes without success. We are preparing to replace all of the plumbing to sink. It is hard to believe no one else has had this problem!
cnocnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Site Team

On my 28BHS The Ptrap connection under the sink came loose when traveling and would leak. At first I merely tightened it up but that did not fix it for long. After further inspection I found out one of the compression rings was damaged. Replaced that and all was good after.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #3

You don't say where you see the water dripping or collecting. Does it puddle under the sink on the floor or is it dripping on the ground? Or some other location?
Our '12 X23B had a suspicious puddle that appeared next to the sink cabinet. I eventually found the removable section intended for the filter was cross-threaded. I removed and carefully re-threaded the connections and my problem was solved.
A trick I learned from my now deceased mother-in-law was to wrap a couple of TP squares around the suspect connections. Let it sit for an hour, day or whatever and feel each wrap of TP. When you found a damp or wet wrap you probably found the leak.
You may also have a leaking drain flange in the sink, however our 2 TT's had so much plumber's putty around the flanges we never had that issue. Cleaning the putty off tho.....

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #4

Part II - Leaks Under The Kitchen Sink!

Thank you for your response RedHorse1 and CrabMan! Water collects directly under the sink...which is plastic, by the way. No stainless steel replacement available...already looked into that thinking the sink itself is flexing to cause the problem as there are leaks under both of the kitchen sinks. Already tried the flange putty repair; tried Flex Seal; tightened and retightened; rethreaded, rethreaded and rethreaded again. The toilet paper suggestion sure sounds like something worth trying. That would help find a hairline crack better than anything else we can think of!!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #5

We had a leak under our kitchen sink our first trip out this spring. It turneds out that one of the valves had developed a hairline crack in it over the winter. Dealer claimed that it was due to extreme cold last winter, even though they winterized it! they said sometimes, the anti-freeze doesn't reach into and fill all of the lines 100% (huh???) so they replaced the valve at no charge to me as TT was still under warranty.

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #6

Part III - Leaks Under The Kitchen Sink

Thank you RDUBYA448! Well, what an excuse that was they gave you! Even though it was warrantied, it doesn't make up for the mess and the inconvenience. We are so disgusted with lack of good (notice we didn't say "quality?") workmanship that this is the last Jayco we plan to buy. Many, many issues with our Jayfeather G2 (33' DSLR.) We think it was built on either a Friday or a Monday.

Do you think Jayco cares enough about their customer base to follow any of these posts?????
Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #7

I've had several leaks on my 2014 Eagle. All are fixed except the one under the shower. Used a ton of caulking in the shower, and it still drips into the under storage area. It's so little it won't hurt anything, but it's still frustrating because I wasted all that time trying to fix it. Not sure I'll buy new next time around. Alot of nice rv's for sale only a few years old for less money that are broken in already.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocnem View Post
snip......Do you think Jayco cares enough about their customer base to follow any of these posts?????
Yes, I'm sure they do.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #9

Having lived in a mobile home years ago, and considering RV's aren't that different, I know that there's going to be issues of all sorts, but more so with plumbing than others due to the materials used. To me, it's just the nature of the beast and if you're not handy, you either learn fast or better have funding to pay for repairs. But, aside from that, I must say that Jayco has just been fantastic and stepped up on every warranty item (from miniscule to major) we've presented. I'm sorry cnocnem that you've had such a bad experience. Ours has been such so far that we absolutely love our trailer and wouldn't think of owning anything other than a Jayco! If we ever do think of buying another one, though, we'll give serious consideration to a newer, gently used unit as suggested by bcmorr.

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #10

After looking at all the rest I think Jayco builds a mighty fine unit and yes I would buy another Jayco product. If you have the time just go to a RV repair shop like a Campworld and see for yourself all the other brands that fill the service department repair shop. Jayco issues are minor compared to all the rest. It took almost 2 years for me to find the manufacturer that met my standards in quality and I chose Jayco among only 3.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #11

We had a simular problem with our 2011 33RLDS. The cold water line wasn't attached to the faucet tight enough. May have been cross threaded. Loosened and re-tightened, leak problem solved.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #12

Based on past experience, I freakout whenever I see water on the floor and won't rest 'till I find the source.

The gravity fill line in mine is routed behind the stove down to the water tank and I routinely found water draining out from the sink cabinet not knowing where it came from.

after much disassembly and investigation, I found that the joint between the gravity fill line and external inlet was deformed and leaking. quick fix with new parts and no issues since. AND I made the panel underneath the sink between sink and stove removable.

As part of seasonal start-up maintenance, I check all freshwater threaded couplings to see if any vibrated loose. occassionally some have.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #13

I had a leak under my sink from the water supply line. I reached up and tightened it and thought it was good. But the hose had some twist tension and took it back to where it leaked again. After I manually twisted the hose to relieve the tension it stayed tight. No more leak.
GuanoJuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #14

my leak under the kitchen happened when my pressure reducer failed and I was getting 80 psi to the trailer. is your reducer OK?
dieselgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocnem View Post
Have any of you had problems with leaks under the kitchen sink of your Jayco RV? My 2011 Jayco Jayfeather G2 travel trailer has leaked under the kitchen since we purchased it new that year. Complaints to Jayco resulted in us being told no one else has complained of that problem. We have tried multiple fixes without success. We are preparing to replace all of the plumbing to sink. It is hard to believe no one else has had this problem!
We have a small leak under our fairly new SkyLark trailer. Dealer can't find it so they have'nt fixed it. We plan to pay to have all the plumbing under the sink replaced as a camp RV mechanic told us it's shoddily constructed with too many fittings. He rcommended flexible steel hose. -Brad
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #16

Our 2014 Eagle 31.4 BHDS developed a leak from kitchen sink during 1st trip out. It turned out that Jayco didn't take the time to screw the P trap on tightly. You have to remember that Jayco's are kits. Some assembly required!
dennydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennydm View Post
Our 2014 Eagle 31.4 BHDS developed a leak from kitchen sink during 1st trip out. It turned out that Jayco didn't take the time to screw the P trap on tightly. You have to remember that Jayco's are kits. Some assembly required!
We took our trailer in twice and they replaced the faucet and tightened all the fittings, but it still leaked. It is hard to pinpoint the source because there no moisture on the hoses? So our only option now is to just redo the whole assembly.
This was'nt our only plumbing problem. We woke up one morning to find water on the floor! We called in a local mechanic who found that the city water connection inside the rig was a plastic pipe that was cut to long and because it was forced into place eventually broke. Jayco reimbursed us for this but they really need to quality control their plumbing!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:42 AM   #18

Had same problem on our 2011 G2 Jayco. The cold water connection either wasn't tight or cross threaded. Removed and replaced. Leak problem solved.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigancampermcsmrs View Post
Had same problem on our 2011 G2 Jayco. The cold water connection either wasn't tight or cross threaded. Removed and replaced. Leak problem solved.
Same issue here. Must be the same person in the factory doing these!

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #20

We have had the same problem with our 330RLTS since new. Three different dealers have been unable to duplicate the problem. ( It is intermittent.) Everything is tight and it can go for weeks with no drip and then the pan we keep under it will have water in it for no particular reason.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote