Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #1

Loose wire hanging on GH31ss

While doing some battery maint, and discovered an issue with the house battery, see my other new thread. I discovered this wire hanging loose while dealing with the battery slide issue.

The picture (sorry for cell phone pic) shows a wire holder that has come loose, and there is a hole (but doesn't show in pic) in the frame shown at the top of the pic. Would it be safe to assume the holder should be bolted back to the frame with a self tapping screw or what? I believe this wire is a power source for the dinette light, as there are no outlets on the slide but not 100% sure. Dinette light did work this past weekend while camping and there is no damage to wire insulation at this time.

Cut me some slack when possible as I have on my forehead at this point in life.

jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #2

If you can't get behind the metal to install a nut, the only thing you can use is a self tapping screw. I would get off of that corner where it may rub into the wire. Stan
stans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:02 AM   #3

Can't get behind the metal cross member as it supports the floor material. Yeah, I know I need to get the wire off that metal edge shown.
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote