Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

Outside light

I have a 2003 Jayco Firenza Class A motorhome and have one outside porch light above the door on the passengers side. There is an identical light on the drivers side about half-way back. I can't get the drivers side light to come on. There isn't power to it either. Are these two lights tied in together? If not, how does the drivers side light turn on? There is not a switch on the light itself?
kdk1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #2

We have the opposite problem. Our light on the driver's side won't go off. We have tried every switch in the coach and nothing seems to affect it. Have you found an answer yet?
LLCRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #3

Yes, I did. I emailed Jayco and they responded and told me the light on the driver's side is tied in the the storage compartment door right below the light. After repairing the wiring to the switch, it now works. On my motorhome, the switch that controls the light above the entrance/exit door is located right as you come into the motorhome on the left. There are three switches there and one of those controls the outside (porch) light.
kdk1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #4

Yeah, those lights on the drivers side can be tricky. They may be called off door side, maybe, or as kdk1220 says, maybe tied in to storage compartment lights, maybe called a road light. "IF" its a big bright light, it might be a spot light, or a scare light, or even security light.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #5

I leave my compartment door open sometimes when I empty the holding tanks and even when closed are not locked. Will check to see if the light goes out when I close/lock them. Also haven't checked to see if the light switch trio inside the front door controls it. Will check both scenarios - appreciate the info!
LLCRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #6

I am still wondering why my garage compartment has no light, but the rear right smaller storage compartment has one...31FS...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote