Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #21

What he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ661 View Post
Not necessarily true. The trick is to lower the hitch onto the ball and lock it in then use the tongue jack to raise trailer tongue and the rear end of the TV enough to let you swing the spring bars onto their perches. Install the spring bar keepers and lower the jack. I'm not talking about picking the rear wheels of the TV off the ground! but raising it 4-6 inches beyond the static load position. This works most of the time although there will be those times when the only way to get the spring bars onto their perches is with the lever-bar.
I delivered MANY different Jayco TT for Jayco. I used, and still use, the E4 Equal-i-zer brand hitch. Following the same procedure that Russ661 wrote, I recall having to use the lever-bar once in the 3 years of delivering trailers. Of course setup vary and some may need it every time, but I believe that would be unusual.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
What he said...

I delivered MANY different Jayco TT for Jayco. I used, and still use, the E4 Equal-i-zer brand hitch. Following the same procedure that Russ661 wrote, I recall having to use the lever-bar once in the 3 years of delivering trailers. Of course setup vary and some may need it every time, but I believe that would be unusual.

Same here. I used the bar the first time I hitched up, because I was accustomed to the chain style hitches. Now, I just jack up a bit to relieve the pressure. It's very hard to get on sometimes, but not hard enough to make me go fishing for the bar.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
Same here. I used the bar the first time I hitched up, because I was accustomed to the chain style hitches. Now, I just jack up a bit to relieve the pressure. It's very hard to get on sometimes, but not hard enough to make me go fishing for the bar.
Yup. I knew where it was when I needed it... at the very bottom of the tool box.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote