Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #1

Frustrated- one side of trailer no power.

Arrrgh! I've got a new 23 mbh. The outside light/ outside outlet plug and Inside outlet plug ( in the same place/side) have no juice. I've checked all fuses and nothings blown- the lightbulbs good. The light under steps works - which I think is on the same circuit.
I'm not good w electricity n breakers etc. We are off soon for 5 days over thanksgiving so this is a worry.

Anyone have any ideas for this novice?

Thankyou
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #2

Many times the plugs are tied together with the GFI. Check to see if the GFI is tripped in the bathroom area. As for the outside light, it is an automotive light, that is not tied into your outlet system. Since I believe it is tied into the step light, it is possible that the light is just burned out.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #3

Check the GFI as John said, and if that's not it then you're going to have to get in behind the outlets to see if they are hooked up. I bought a brand new 2014 Jay Flight last year and one of the outside 115VAC outlets was not working. I brought it into the dealer and they found that it wasn't even hooked up properly inside the wall. I think it's just a friction fit, push the wire in, kinda deal. It worked fine after that, but goes to show you how thorough the PDI was. Anyways, give that a shot.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #4

John LLRV may be right. We had the same thing happen to us on our first trip out. The lights and plugs on the door side quit working. It was a ground fault plug beside the stove was tripped.
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #5

Thx - I will try this now. Just to be sure ( I am electrically illiterate), where is the GFI?
Old 11-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Site Team

GFI is the outlet with two buttons found around any kitchen or bathroom. one button says TEST the other will say RESET just try pushing in the reset button.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #7

OK. tHAT GFI
Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #8

All fixed

Yes, it was the GFi + a burnt bulb. Duh. I'm a dufus, but thankful I got all you experts. Thankyou.

I thought the GFI would knock out all the plugs , not just 2 and a burnt bulb can look pretty normal to the eye but still busted. Now I know.

Thanks everyone!