Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #21

No temps easily get into the Teens in November. We own a small cabin in the far Northeast corner of PA. 3 weekends in a row this October the temps were between 21-27 in the mornings. Must be something to do with Global Warming (sorry err, Climate Change).
Normally take both our dogs (a GSP & a Lab) in the TT but not on long trips.We are heading to Blue Spring SP again the first 2 weeks in January but the Dogs will be staying home with a granddaughter watching. Know they would enjoy and it's hard to 'sneak' the TT out of the Driveway but we want to be more "Serendipity".

Will look into heading to Tampa area & the Panhandle next trip.

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #22

If you want a nice park in the Tampa area, look up Fort De Soto. It's a county park and it is really nice. We're heading there on March break 2016 for 2 weeks. It's hard to get a site there, but worth it.

I've also camped at Anastasia SP, I love that park. Can you still drive onto the beach with your vehicle? You used to be able to.

Fort Clinch (Jacksonville) is another great SP, if you can get in on the beach loop. Again hard to book.

I love Florida. I think living in Canada, you only have to visit FLA once in the winter to get hooked on going there.

I grew up camping there with my family, and now that I'm older (33) I'm taking my kids. If it works out, we may even meet my parents down their at a campground.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #23

After several years of winter trips to Fla and gulf coast, have decided this year to head west for a change of scenery. Thinking of heading south into Tex or meandering west toward NM / Arizona. No iterary just point it SW and drive one day at a time. Likely will stop here and there for 2 or 3 days and longer if we find a place we like with lots of things to see. Not a big city or popular tourist site kind of couple, we like nature and will target NF areas that we find. Found ourselves sitting and staring at ourselves the last couple trips to Fla. Sort of a been there done that kind of feeling so decided to break out and head a different direction.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote