Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

Selecting the correct REESE UltraLight 350 for your TT or P'UP

The Reese UltraLight 350 is a great option to provide weight distribution and anti-sway for TT and P'UPs up to 3,500# with tongue weight of 350# or less.

After reading many reviews on the product...the #1 complaint was that the spring bars and friction pads conflicted with other A-Frame mounted accessories (propane tanks / and break-away switches in particular). Most reviewers were frustrated they had to return the kit (at their own cost).

A well kept secret is that the spring bars come in two lengths...knowing this in advance, you can check your A-frame for top surface conflicts and be sure you order the correct kit. The kits are....

Part #66024 = Standard Kit (with 26" spring bars)
Part #66041 = Coleman / Fleetwood Kit (with 28" spring bars and extension side brackets)

The extension side brackets (and longer bars) for Part #66041 accommodate the swing-up A-Frame jack common on Coleman Pop-ups. I realized that if you don't have the swing-up jack....you can disregard installation of the extension side brackets and install the friction pads as normal (on top of the A-frame) and take advantage of the 28" spring bar length.

After measuring the A-Frame of my 154BH, I realized I needed to order the #66041 (For Coleman / Fleetwood Pop-ups) as only the 28" spring bars would clear my propane tank hardware.

The following picture shows how my installation came out....and how to measure your A-Frame to see if there is a conflict for your application. The spring bar length is measured from the center of the ball...keep in mind the friction pads are 6" long - so you need 3" available in either direction of the 26" and 28" bars to properly mount the friction pad and allow full travel of the spring bars when turning.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	REESE 350.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	10198

ハッピーキャンプ

Happy Camping [ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

I'm about to but 154BH myself. I have a question about this hitch.
Does it allow back up ?
pawntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Do you have to make a hole in your a frame ?
pawntan is offline   Reply With Quote