Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2018, 08:14 AM   #21

Army Corps of Engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Senior Pass is good at any Federally funded campground.. COE or NPS or National Forest. 50 percent off.

But not for FL State parks alas
Correct. No good for any State Parks. It's a National Park Pass. :-)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Correct. No good for any State Parks. It's a National Park Pass. :-)
Quibbling here.
its not a National Park Pass. Thats part if the name

The o so catchy name is National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Lifetime Senior Pass

We got it when it was ten bucks. it paid for itself the first night on a National River campground

Just bringing it up not cause i want to argue
but to point out to all that it covers way more than National Parks

Were going West in the spring and plan to use it on BLM sites too
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Steve, I’m surprised you didn’t mention the lovely KOA you stayed at in Davie. Lol
Mark, I've been trying to limit myself to posting in the positive context... Obviously after the battery post, i've been struggling a bit lately.

That said, I still have my "google review" up on the KOA Davie... I did raise it to 3-stars after I was contacted by KOA corporate about my review... and so because the water was wet, the electrical was shocking and the sewer stunk, they did work afterall and did not warrant one-star.

But after all of those 110 reviews and only a 3.4 rating, that said it all... so I did not want to push it!!!

But the best part of that visit was not the KOA... instead, we met some awsome folks that live close-by!!!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #24

Senior Pass

Quote:
Quibbling here.
its not a National Park Pass. Thats part if the name

The o so catchy name is National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Lifetime Senior Pass

We got it when it was ten bucks. it paid for itself the first night on a National River campground

Just bringing it up not cause i want to argue
but to point out to all that it covers way more than National Parks

Were going West in the spring and plan to use it on BLM sites too

My bad. It’s a Senior Pass, and I got mine for $10 too.
twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #25

what i forgot to do before the price hike was to buy a spare.
If i lose mine I'm toast .

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #26

Last summer we spent July at the Compass RV Park on RT 208 in St. Augustine. Excellent. Swimming pool, laundry, some shade trees, good staff and close to old St. Augustine.
gmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #27

We're going to spend 3 weeks in February at the KOA on Pine Island. We stayed there a couple of years ago and liked the area. It's close enough to Ft. Myers/Sanibel to be able to spend the day there, but removed from some of the congestion. We travel with a dog, so we also needed one that accommodated her..
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
We're going to spend 3 weeks in February at the KOA on Pine Island. We stayed there a couple of years ago and liked the area. It's close enough to Ft. Myers/Sanibel to be able to spend the day there, but removed from some of the congestion. We travel with a dog, so we also needed one that accommodated her..
except for the traffic in Matlacha! My two gripes about that KOA were that the sites are jammed together and the other gripe is probably more about our unit.. Backing in we had no lake view.. There are no rear windows on our unit.. " We stayed there last year. Staff was outstanding.

We have reservations at TJ Stone near Port St Joe.. No idea if the park exists today . Outstanding beach. The eye passed over it seems

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 10-10-2018, 07:14 PM   #29

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Kim Gass;696409]except for the traffic in Matlacha! My two gripes about that KOA were that the sites are jammed together and the other gripe is probably more about our unit.. Backing in we had no lake view.. There are no rear windows on our unit.. " We stayed there last year. Staff was outstanding.

Kim - You're right about the traffic although there seemed to be some peak times where it was worse. I would have liked to be somewhere closer to the beach - although with the Red Tide that might not be such a good idea now. However, it might also mean that there are some sites still available at various campgrounds - depending on how many were planning to stay in the Panama City area. I checked on sites at Key West, thinking that we might take a few days and wander on down there, but the campgrounds there are still not open.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #30

If you have rhem dont forget your bicyckes!
Very easy to get around on the bike trail

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 10-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #31

[QUOTE=kluza2786;696435]
Quote:
except for the traffic in Matlacha! My two gripes about that KOA were that the sites are jammed together and the other gripe is probably more about our unit.. Backing in we had no lake view.. There are no rear windows on our unit.. " We stayed there last year. Staff was outstanding.

Kim - You're right about the traffic although there seemed to be some peak times where it was worse. I would have liked to be somewhere closer to the beach - although with the Red Tide that might not be such a good idea now. However, it might also mean that there are some sites still available at various campgrounds - depending on how many were planning to stay in the Panama City area. I checked on sites at Key West, thinking that we might take a few days and wander on down there, but the campgrounds there are still not open.
Not sure about the KOA but we just camped 9 days in the keys and most campgrounds I seen were open.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #32

Just a heads up.. Some Florida State Park Campgrounds will not be open for the winter for camping so check the status of your park.

I just cancelled a stay at TJ Stone State Park

Reason.. Trailer does not float and the park essentially was destroyed by Michael.. I did find alternate camping in the area. Near Port St Joe Fl

If you are waiting for the reservation system to call you you will be waiting for naught.. It won't.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in