Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #1

Full Time Life -- How Long & Benefits and Any Regrets?

The RV park we are staying in has a number of full timers who are here for all, or part of the summer.

Most spend their winter months in Arizona. I've been chatting with a few and am becoming intrigued with the idea. I'm wondering if the full timers on here might share how long they have been "in the life" and their thoughts on the experience.

One lady I spoke to said selling virtually everything they owned was the most difficult part -- with living in a small space with hubby being number 2! (LOL). Others mentioned that their kids are living in different cities, provinces or states and this was a good way to spend a month or so with each, yet not feel they are imposing on their children's homes.

Hubby and I have been discussing this idea, even if only for the first 5 or six years of our retirement as we will both be under 58 and still quite young. We have been touring through motor homes and fifth wheels and are leaning towards the 5th wheel if we did go for it. Just seems to be more living space in them.

Anyhow, please share your stories! Thx!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #2

We have Fulltimed in our Pinnacle for 3 wonderful years. We recently traded our Pinnacle for a SOB 5th Wheel and are going to continue to Fulltime for the foreseeable future since we have been having such a great, stress free time and seeing the USA.

I are currently 58 and DW is 57, we work and travel, just completed a Coast to Coast 4 month trip, got to see and do some amazing things that we will never forget.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #3

My wife and I are not in our full time position yet (about 2 weeks to go) and actually feel free without having so much stuff. We have been donating and giving away and selling most everything. There are some of the kids things and some other sentimental stuff that we are keeping with my M.I.L. I look forward to a simpler life without so much stuff dragging us down.
mjcromp is offline   Reply With Quote