Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

Full time size

We are thinking of upgrading to a North point and going on an extended trip while picking up some work along the way. We are traveling with an infant and a dog so we are sold on a mid-bunk set up. Having said that, we normally camp in small state parks and out of the way places so the idea of a 40+ foot 5th wheel has us worried we will be locked out of all the good campgrounds an relegated to large holiday style parks. Should we worry about loosing the ability to camp in a quiet place, or have parks grown to accommodate larger rigs now? Thanks!
nabcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #2

I haven't had any issues with any of the TX SP's nor Army Corps properties with my 377. However, you won't be able to get into any of the NP's.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #3

What work are you planning on picking up along the way? Also if your heading out west, know that many private campground have limited space for very large RV's and they get booked well in advance.. In popular areas you may run into some issues.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
What work are you planning on picking up along the way? Also if your heading out west, know that many private campground have limited space for very large RV's and they get booked well in advance.. In popular areas you may run into some issues.
Good Luck.
I work in the Oil/Gas/Energy sector as a consultant so opportunities abound for domestic shorter term work. Thanks for the tips, we will try to plan our travel to hit the shoulder or off seasons of areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I haven't had any issues with any of the TX SP's nor Army Corps properties with my 377. However, you won't be able to get into any of the NP's.
Thanks!
nabcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #5

Plan for it. A lot to be said for researching and be sure to call ahead. I have found some CORE parks are tight and County parks too. Were on our ninth year full timing and our 41' NP is to much fun to go back to the 30'.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #6

Sounds like a blast. I totally get where you're coming from with the size of the midbunk options. Our solution for the size is to add enough solar to do more boondocking in more secluded areas We just ordered a 355MBQS for full timing with my wife a baby. The midbunk option looks perfect for a baby. We're putting a crib in there and pretty stoked. The things we do for our kids, this time its towing an extra six feet around for a year.
fabes is offline   Reply With Quote