Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Two Months Fulltime Today

We have been fulltiming 2 months today.
It has been great, only a couple of minor problems with our Pinnacle during our first two months of use.
Hot Water heater electric operation thermostat failed (Had to run on LP), dealer replaced thermostat and unit has worked fine.
Had a problem with the curbside slide operation, dealer adjusted slide, no problems since.
Other than a couple of Halogen bulbs in the ceiling lights blowing so far no other issues.
I am slowly changing the Halogen ceiling bulbs over to LEDs, they run much cooler, use less power and should last a lot longer. (We have 27 of the Halogen ceiling lights)
We have not missed our S&B too much and are getting used to living with much less stuff in a smaller space, we sure are enjoying our new freedom and low stress lifestyle.
We heading to Disney's Fort Wilderness on Tuesday 1/10 for about a month then sometime in Feburary will be heading to the North Houston Texas area for a month or so.

__________________

__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
Don't let my DW see that camping sign or I know what will be next on her "I want" list!
__________________

__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Don't let my DW see that camping sign or I know what will be next on her "I want" list!
Our Daughter and SIL suprised us with the sign for Christmas, we thought it was a pretty neat sign.
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,923
I like the sign...where did ya get it?
__________________
Terry
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
I like the sign...where did ya get it?
Daughter found it on Ebay, they custom make and letter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Personalized...item5645f5bc67
__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,523
17 months here full time. I wish I had done it years before.
__________________
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Our Daughter and SIL suprised us with the sign for Christmas, we thought it was a pretty neat sign.
Oh it for sure is.... one of the nicest signs I have seen. If you do happen to find out where they got it, please post the info. I am sure I am not the only one who'd be interested in getting one. Thank you
__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Daughter found it on Ebay, they custom make and letter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Personalized...item5645f5bc67
Not a bad price at all! Will have to check them out - thanks!
__________________
Terry
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
Time really flys when living in a camper. It is hard to believe that this is our 9th month in ours since we bought it a year ago this week.
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Moving Target's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palominas, AZ
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
We have been fulltiming 2 months today.
It has been great, only a couple of minor problems with our Pinnacle during our first two months of use.
Hot Water heater electric operation thermostat failed (Had to run on LP), dealer replaced thermostat and unit has worked fine.
Had a problem with the curbside slide operation, dealer adjusted slide, no problems since.
Other than a couple of Halogen bulbs in the ceiling lights blowing so far no other issues.
I am slowly changing the Halogen ceiling bulbs over to LEDs, they run much cooler, use less power and should last a lot longer. (We have 27 of the Halogen ceiling lights)
We have not missed our S&B too much and are getting used to living with much less stuff in a smaller space, we sure are enjoying our new freedom and low stress lifestyle.
We heading to Disney's Fort Wilderness on Tuesday 1/10 for about a month then sometime in Feburary will be heading to the North Houston Texas area for a month or so.

Any regrets from a foundation home to FTing?

Kathie
__________________

__________________

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.