Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #1

Winter get away

My wife and I live in northern Utah and are looking for others who would like to get away for at least some of the winter. We've been to Arizona and other points south but we like the desert of California, especially the hot springs resorts. We are looking for others who don't like traveling alone and want to get away for some of the winter. We like to travel from mid January to early March. If there is anyone in Utah who'd like to travel with us we'd love to hear from you.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
My wife and I live in northern Utah and are looking for others who would like to get away for at least some of the winter. We've been to Arizona and other points south but we like the desert of California, especially the hot springs resorts. We are looking for others who don't like traveling alone and want to get away for some of the winter. We like to travel from mid January to early March. If there is anyone in Utah who'd like to travel with us we'd love to hear from you.
We live in Arizona but spent last summer in Garden City, Utah.. and most likely this next summer also. You may want to look into Parump Nevada, west of Vegas. They have hot springs there also, weather is good and lots of snow birds in the area. It's also closer for you.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #3

Pahrump, been there and done that. Tried that area a couple of times, each stay we experienced periods of cold and lots of wind, high winds actually.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Pahrump, been there and done that. Tried that area a couple of times, each stay we experienced periods of cold and lots of wind, high winds actually.
Even in Arizona you can get some days of 30's and lows in 20's and wind..But it's typically in January...always get that week or two of "cold" weather, makes us appreciate the rest of the winter.

Good Luck, hope you find what your looking for.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #5

Not much help for the travel part as we take I40 from Ontario if we can (snow pushes us on a more southern route). We also go to the AZ/CA area. We boondock in the desert areas and mix it up with park stays (we like Desert Hot Springs). We leave after Xmas and plan on about 4 months away.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote