Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #1

4th weekend northeast

Just booked two trips for the upcoming summer camp season, so it got me thinking about looking for something around the 4th of July. I've got small kids so I'm thinking fireworks and a beach. Any recommendations would be appreciated. My range is southern Maine/New Hampshire to eastern Pennsylvania.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

4th weekend northeast

We've never camped further north than PA. Curious as to some recommendations as we may travel further north next year.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #3

We stayed at lake George escape campgrounds, The grounds were ok, all the workers were friendly. There was plenty to do for our grandchildren. We we're there for July 4th. They had tractor rides every day and a themed ride on the fourth. We took in the fireworks aboard the Mini Ha Ha, that was great. The boat parks off shore to watch fireworks then continues on cruise.
Engoff22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #4

Lake George RV Resort was fantastic this year for the 4th. Lots to do in the area and that campground is phenomenal. Great for kids, multiple pools, a trolley. We watched great fireworks on the Lake George Battlefield state park beach/grass area. We are probably going to do it again this year!
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #5

As a local to the area, I will agree that Lake George is a nice place for 4th of July camping (or for that matter anytime between Memorial and Labor Day). Keep in mind though, camping in the Lake George area does not mean camping on Lake George itself. You're not going to step out of the door of your camper and walk down to the water's edge unless you are in one of the state run campgrounds. Both LG RV Park and LG Escape Campground are nice selections off the lake. The RV Park is one the nicest in the area and sits parallel to an absolute jewel of the area...a 15 mile paved bike trail thst runs from Glens Falls to Lake George village. LG Escape Campground is on the Schroon River offering excellent kayaking and tubing experiences. Another campground in the area to keep an eye on is the newly opened Moose Hillock campground. It's brand new, has huge sites, and the most incredible pool and play area of them all (Google them...it's worth a look). As they expand their activities, I can see a lot of potential for the future. We have stayed at all 3 of these facilities over this past summer and don't have a vested interest in any of the properties, so what you're reading is just one man's personal opinion. We actually picked up a seasonal for this coming season at the LG Schroon Valley Resort which is a sister campground to the LG Escape campground. Guests can take a shuttle between the 2 for activities and events. Although the Schroon Valley Resort is not nearly as nice as any of the other 3 facilities, it's water activities fit our summer lifestyle the best.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
...Another campground in the area to keep an eye on is the newly opened Moose Hillock campground.

x2, I've heard good things about this place
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #7

Sebago Lake area

Sebago Lake State Campground just north of Portland.

Or on the lake I live on, camp Kokatosi in Raymond. They do fireworks themselves. There are also some kids summer camps on the lake and they do fireworks. We run around in a ski boat taking them all in.

Kokatosi Campground

Beach, hiking , boating. Its on Crescent Lake just NE of Sebago.
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote