Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #1

Adirondack Adventure Resorts Schroon River

Has anyone stayed at this campground? I have it booked for this weekend, but not too pleased with the few reviews I read. It is the only place available.

Thanks......

Peter

2016 F150 Ecobeast
prooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:03 AM   #2

not sure if it is the same one we stayed at, ours was Schroon River campground...I belive it was warrensburg. If it is.....it's kinda rough around the edges, our site was on the river! We loved the site, was great to bring our chairs over to and enjoy morning coffee etc..kids loved climbing down the bank to the waters edge to fish, sounds dangerous but it was more adventureous...kids were both 5 at the time, pool was a bit rough but we did enjoy. The largest problem I had was getting in to our site. We had a 19.5 hybrid at the time, and needed 4 wheel drive for all the mud...
we did enjoy it, and I would go back if we wanted to be in that area, though I would not search it out.... I have lots of family up there, and it was close enough for us to go visit, and yet far enough away to be alone with my family...also so much more affordable than the big guys, in Lake George, which we have also been to and never really impressed, nice but expensive!!!
I am very familar with that area, if you send me a link to where you are going or what you are looking for maybe I can help you find a place.
Hope this helps
Andy
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #3

We stay at Adirondack 1000 Island Campground in Natural Bridge, NY every year when we do a family get together. It's super clean with an indoor pool and is tucked away in the pines. Very relaxing and a very friendly staff. I highly recommend it. Here is the link to their web site. They have two locations so maybe the other is closer to where you will be. http://aticamping.com/
2011 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.6 Turbo Diesel, Integrated Brake, 3.73
Reese Dual Cam hitch
KFay1019 is offline   Reply With Quote