Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 10:04 AM   #1

Bakers Acres: Little Egg Harbor NJ

Pull in, set up ,and start making new friends.
We really enjoyed our 5 days here in the quiet well wooded sites. My wife wanted to camp near Long Beach Island so I did some searching and found 2 campgrounds North of Tuckerton NJ. Both seam to have good reviews we like shaded lots when camping so that's how we narrowed our choice but the history on their website really hit home for us as I am a volunteer firefighter and their sacrifice cemented our choice.
We stayed on lot 76 nice level lot easy water electric hookups I opted for no sewer as the 145rb is so easy to hook up and move we only need to dump once during our stay and when we left.
The campground has nice clean bath houses one at the pool and one on the south east side of the campground, that one has individual rooms the pool doesn't. We used the the private rooms they are very spacious and clean.
Lots of activities to do from the pool with life guard to volleyball and bocce ball big playgrounds and a really nice pavilion. The camp store is well stocked for those forgotten items and the prices are not unreasonable .

Long Beach Island is about a 15 minute ride to the center of the island. Most of the Island is made up of rental homes and private homes almost all of the businesses are small family owned very little of corporate America there. Beach Haven is the most touristy spot with shops and a amusement park.
Walmart is about 7-8 minutes south in Tuckerton. It is a Super Walmart.
The Tuckerton Seaport Museum is right before the Walmart we stopped in and spent 2 hours on a self guided tour.
We had a great time, made some new friends camping more over we found a really nice Campground with great family values.
the only negative thing I could find is the truck rims for the fire ring made cooking a little longer since I couldn't adjust the height of the grill we had.
Be sure to use bug spray on exposed skin.
Happy Camping Safe Travels
Debdon Journeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:50 AM   #2

Thanks for the review. We were looking at Bakers Acres as a potential for next year and this certainly helps with the decision.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:54 AM   #3

A friend has a permanent site there. They love it.