Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

Big Bend

Howdy, anyone stayed in or around Big Bend? Looking for sites with hook ups.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:24 PM   #2

There's nothing with hookups in Big Bend National Park except for he RV full hookup campground in the parking lot near the store in Rio Grande Village. Outside the northern entrance to the park is Stillwell's; I've never stayed there but I think they have full hookups. In Terlingua and Lajitas there are RV campgrounds with hookups; I've stayed often at Maverick Ranch in Lajitas.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #3

I've stayed in Alpine, TX which gives me access to a few places including Big Bend.

I've been there twice and stayed at Lost Alaskan and the Davis mountains state park - liked both and had full hookups.

Try this site to navigate RV parks in the area you want to visit. I hope this helps.

https://www.rvparky.com/
Drolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
I've stayed in Alpine, TX which gives me access to a few places including Big Bend.

I've been there twice and stayed at Lost Alaskan and the Davis mountains state park - liked both and had full hookups.

Try this site to navigate RV parks in the area you want to visit. I hope this helps.

https://www.rvparky.com/

Thanks allot!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
There's nothing with hookups in Big Bend National Park except for he RV full hookup campground in the parking lot near the store in Rio Grande Village. Outside the northern entrance to the park is Stillwell's; I've never stayed there but I think they have full hookups. In Terlingua and Lajitas there are RV campgrounds with hookups; I've stayed often at Maverick Ranch in Lajitas.

Thank you

Old 12-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #6

We are going after Christmas. We will be staying in Lajitas at Maverick Ranch. This will be our first time at big bend but we go to Davis Mountains state park regularly, but it’s a bit far to drive to get to big bend (about 2 hour drive). Alpine is a little closer (lost Alaskan RV Park). As stated before, there is nothing inside of Big Bend with full hook ups. Additionally, if your trailer is longer than 30’, I don’t think you can even get it into big bend due to the tight, winding roads.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #7

Stillwell’s does have full hookups! We used it a couple years ago when everything in the park is full. You will find that it is a long commute if you stay out of the park! It’s a lot of driving in the park but even longer if you use a full hookup outside!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
We are going after Christmas. We will be staying in Lajitas at Maverick Ranch. This will be our first time at big bend but we go to Davis Mountains state park regularly, but it’s a bit far to drive to get to big bend (about 2 hour drive). Alpine is a little closer (lost Alaskan RV Park). As stated before, there is nothing inside of Big Bend with full hook ups. Additionally, if your trailer is longer than 30’, I don’t think you can even get it into big bend due to the tight, winding roads.

Chisos basin is the only place that you can’t take a fairly large RV. Everything else has some larger sites.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #9

Wherever you stay, Big Bend is pretty awesome, but don't forget to stop in Ft. Davis (the park there is also very scenic) and make the Friday evening Star Party up at McDonald Observatory. It is worth the trip out to West Texas!
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote