Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #1

Campground in Arlington, Texas

We will be traveling to Arlington in two weeks. The only campground I have really found online is the KOA in Arlington. Does anyone know of another?
PrellFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #2

Cedar Hill State Park is in southwest Dallas, with easy access to IH 20 and close to Arlington. We've stayed there several times when we wanted to be near Dallas or Arlington. While I would not say it is one of the most attractive state parks in the Texas system, it is nice. It's also near one of my favorite restaurants, Pappadeaux on Hwy 67.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #3

Treetops RV Park is a very nice park in Arlington. We have friends that live in Arlington and we stay there when we visit them.

http://www.treetopsrv.com/
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #4

Smile

Texas is a wonderful choice for vacations as it has beaches and sits right in the Gulf of Mexico. So whether you want the Panhandle Plains, the Piney Woods, Big Bend Country, the Gulf or the Southern Plains areas of Texas, there is an RV park and campground for you. For much idea just check this out allstays.com, it’s a free online guide for campgrounds and RV parks Texas.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #5

You may also want to check out http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/. That's the official State of Texas Parks and Wildlife site. You can take virtual tours of our state parks, book reservations online, etc.

Also look here: http://stateparks.com/tx.html

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #6

The Vinyards in Grapevine, Texas is a nice, full hook-up park. It's 20 miles noth of Arlington.

Loyd Park is nice, but water and electric only. It is 11 miles south of Arlington.

Cedar Hill State Park
. I have stayed at Cedar Hill. It's an OK Texas State Park. High day use fee. Water and electric only. It is 17 miles from Arlington.

Traders Village RV is a full hook-up park. Be mindful it is next to a small, commuter airport. It is 7 miles from Arlington.

I've stayed at all 4. I listed them in order of preference.

Others have mentioned Tree Tops RV. We have not been there.

Have fun in Texas!
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Cedar Hill State Park is in southwest Dallas, with easy access to IH 20 and close to Arlington. We've stayed there several times when we wanted to be near Dallas or Arlington. While I would not say it is one of the most attractive state parks in the Texas system, it is nice. It's also near one of my favorite restaurants, Pappadeaux on Hwy 67.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
The Vinyards in Grapevine, Texas is a nice, full hook-up park. It's 20 miles noth of Arlington.

Loyd Park is nice, but water and electric only. It is 11 miles south of Arlington.

Cedar Hill State Park
. I have stayed at Cedar Hill. It's an OK Texas State Park. High day use fee. Water and electric only. It is 17 miles from Arlington.

Traders Village RV is a full hook-up park. Be mindful it is next to a small, commuter airport. It is 7 miles from Arlington.

I've stayed at all 4. I listed them in order of preference.

Others have mentioned Tree Tops RV. We have not been there.

Have fun in Texas!

Hey Fife - Cedar Hill has a full hook up loop now.
TripleJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJS View Post
Hey Fife - Cedar Hill has a full hook up loop now.
My bad, that's new since my last visit a several years ago.

Cedar Hill will be expensive if you don't have a Texas State Parks Pass. Full Hook-up site $30 plus $5 per person/per day.

A family of 4 will be $50/night!
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #9

I live in Texas and have have camped in Texas State Parks very many times. For us, the State Parks Pass is a very good deal. And I am proud to support the many fine parks in the Texas system.

If you are looking for a state park in Texas, here is a link to a clickable map of Texas state parks. The clickable map is in the middle of the page. There is an on-line reservation for Texas state parks here.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #10

We have a Texas Parks pass too and it's been a great money saver. Sometimes, we just take the grand kids to the park for a day outing and with the pass, there's no charge. Plus you get half off discounts for four nights (we've already exhausted ours), one per stay.

Thanks for the link to the clickable map, I don't think I've seen that before. Do you have any favorites, RVhiker?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Thanks for the link to the clickable map, I don't think I've seen that before. Do you have any favorites, RVhiker?
Lots of favorites. Palo Duro Canyon SP, Caprock Canyon SP, Big Bend Ranch SP ( Big Bend Ranch SP doesn't have any camping suitable for RV's, but it is one of the most beautiful and uncrowded parks in the Texas system. Lots and lots of hiking in a very very rugged environment. When visiting Big Bend Ranch SP, we usually camp at Maverick Ranch RV park in Lajitas - nice, but expensive.) Palmetto SP, Daingerfield SP, Galveston Island SP. Kids have a good time sliding down the dunes at Mohahans Sandhills SP.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Lots of favorites. Palo Duro Canyon SP, Caprock Canyon SP, Big Bend Ranch SP ( Big Bend Ranch SP doesn't have any camping suitable for RV's, but it is one of the most beautiful and uncrowded parks in the Texas system. Lots and lots of hiking in a very very rugged environment. When visiting Big Bend Ranch SP, we usually camp at Maverick Ranch RV park in Lajitas - nice, but expensive.) Palmetto SP, Daingerfield SP, Galveston Island SP. Kids have a good time sliding down the dunes at Mohahans Sandhills SP.
Thanks, I will add these to my list.