Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2018, 09:54 AM   #1

Campground laundromat

To save space on packing, I thought it would be best to bring a bare minimum of towels and wash periodically in the laundromat. I was thinking that one towel per person and 2 wash cloths per person, plus hand/face towels we can share.
I was thinking we could reuse the body towels for two days, and I could wash towels, wash cloths, and face towels every other day.
Would four towels, 8 wash cloths, and two or three face towels fit in a standard laundromat washing machine?
I've forgotten what they can fit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

All the CG washing machines I have seen will accommodate that load. I have seen some older commercial washers at laundromats that had really small tubs where that load would be questionable.

After a while, you will see how much space there is in the 26BH and you can pack and adjust your load accordingly. The space under the dinette table is a good place to store items while traveling too.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #3

Right now, I have the towels folded in the cabinet above the dinette. I could fit another set if I wanted, and I might do that and just wash every four days. Still deciding.
Clothes are thin enough that I can pack enough to bring all we will need, then just wash at home. But towels are bulky.
Glad to hear I should be able to fit a few days' worth of towels in one washer.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #4

We keep most of our towels above the dinette too and any extras go in the cabinet over over the bed. Do the wardrobes in the new 26BHs still just have hanger bars or do they come with shelves now? One of the first mods I did was add shelving to the vertical wardrobe cabinets so we could stack and separate clothing.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
We keep most of our towels above the dinette too and any extras go in the cabinet over over the bed. Do the wardrobes in the new 26BHs still just have hanger bars or do they come with shelves now? One of the first mods I did was add shelving to the vertical wardrobe cabinets so we could stack and separate clothing.
We have a hanging rod in the wardrobe on the driver side of the trailer and shelves on the other side.
I'm putting our clothes for the trip in the two wardrobes. If I need more room for clothes, I plan to use the space over the queen bed.
I could squeeze towels in if I need to, but would rather wash towels and wait until I get home for clothes to be washed.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
To save space on packing, I thought it would be best to bring a bare minimum of towels and wash periodically in the laundromat. I was thinking that one towel per person and 2 wash cloths per person, plus hand/face towels we can share.

Maybe this is why I don't have any friends but I use the bath towel more than 2 times. My reasoning is I just washed with clean water and soap and rinsed off with clean water and im just drying off clean water. My towel is always dry before its next use and my trailer towel size is 24"X 48 " from BB and Beyond, this size saves valuable space that I need.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Maybe this is why I don't have any friends but I use the bath towel more than 2 times. My reasoning is I just washed with clean water and soap and rinsed off with clean water and im just drying off clean water. My towel is always dry before its next use and my trailer towel size is 24"X 48 " from BB and Beyond, this size saves valuable space that I need.
I am with you Tunce. Kids on the other hand, they are a bit messier and drop things. If kids are involved, I would carry a few spare. When we on an extended trip, we will stop maybe once a week to do laundry, ether at a CG or a laundromat. In our TT the hand towels get the dirtiest (kids).

After showering we hang the towels (clothespins) from the shower curtain guide rail. We also have command hooks in the shower to hang items too.

Believe it or not we use white towels in out TT. Not so much by choice. My in-laws years ago gave us a huge batch of white towels right after we had kids, and we where like "Really", so they sat in the cabinet until we bought the TT. When we were outfitting it, we said, well we have them lets use them for now. The're still there and they are still white.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
Site Team

No kids with us but our towels dry clean bodies and are dry the next day. We sometimes have to hang the hand towel in the shower to dry. The skylight seems to help. We use our towels and sheets 5-6 days.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #9

Jeeeesh.....you're seriously considering using the laundromat every other day? That's not a vacation, that's.....something other than a vacation.

We just got home from a month long vacation and used the laundromat twice. Probably could've gotten it down to once if we'd packed better.

You'll get a lot more mileage out of your towels if:
https://www.cafepress.com/+,12712231...31d07efdb83b2b
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #10

Good point. I guess I might want to pack another set. That would get us four days. For some vacations, that would be all we need and we could wash at the house.
For others, that would mean two washer loads at the laundromat.
Trying to figure through it all.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #11

Its surprising but looking at polls on this subject the average person uses their bath towel for 5-7 days before washing. We take two each for a week camping trip. The last thing I want to do on vacation is wash clothes.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #12
Site Team

This has nothing to do with doing laundry on your trip, but I always will recommend bringing a few extra towels and at least one set of extra sheets with you on a camping trip. If your kids are anything like mine, they find a way to get sick on or otherwise ruin towels, sheets etc. at just the wrong time, like 2:00 AM when they just don't quite make it out of bed when the get sick to the stomach.

If you are concerned about bringing extra towels the storage space inside inside your trailer, throw some extra towels in a plastic tote in the bed of your truck. It costs next to nothing for a tote, and you will thank yourself the first time they come in handy.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #13

Having read all these replies, I think I am definitely going to bring two sets of towels, plus beach towels.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #14

Suggested Mod

When I owned my 2013 26BH, I built a towel rack to hang above the toilet (secured to studs) and built a little shelf unit that slid behind the toilet to create extra space. The towel rack has elastic straps. We just rolled up the towels and slid them behind the straps and they hung there until we needed them. I think I had room for five towels. The current "in use" towels were hung an a towel hanger (room for four towels) that was attached to the bathroom door.

Just some suggestions to help with the limited space in the 26BH

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06647a.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	37756

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06648a.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	37757
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:56 PM   #15

That's really a good idea. The bathroom is tiny, and that's a great use of wall space.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Its surprising but looking at polls on this subject the average person uses their bath towel for 5-7 days before washing. We take two each for a week camping trip. The last thing I want to do on vacation is wash clothes.
x2
I can't imagine the need to wash a bath towel every few days unless it gets dirty from something else.
We too go a week easily before washing them. On a two week trip we don't even go to a laundromat. We take several bath towels and hand towels.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #17

Truck has 4 old towels in it whenever we travel... and a box of wet wipes...

When we tented we didn't need no stinkin' towels

we take 2 towels and wash cloths for everyone.. no biggy.. we only do laundry if say we got really dirty or wet... sometimes you just have to.. when in Yellowstone last year for 2+ weeks we did laundry one day while in town.. we still had 1 day worth of clothes...

you can wear everything but tshirts for 2 days.. ROFL... just turn them undies inside out good for another day..
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #18

Lol! We change undies regularly. (daily or twice daily)
We will wear shorts again if they don't get dirty, but they tend to get dirty when we are outdoors.
Honestly, I'm not too worried about actual clothes. They are thin enough that I can pack enough for at least a week before I need to wash clothes.
And I would save that for home.

Towels are bulkier. With four of us, it adds up. I've now decided to bring two sets for each of us.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamese View Post
you'll get a lot more mileage out of your towels if:
https://www.cafepress.com/+,12712231...31d07efdb83b2b
Awesome!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I've got to ask. Who does a poll about how long people use a towel?

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote