Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Camping and RV'ing > Campgrounds and Attractions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Campground recommendations for Sedona, Az and Santa Fe, NM

We’re planning a trip to Sedona and Santa Fe and are having trouble finding rv parks to fit our 32’ Precept Motorhome. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I’m getting a road condition warning heading north from Sedona to Flagstaff. We’ve never been in this area and would love hearing your thoughts Thanks
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
RPR

89A through the mountains may be reason for road alert
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

(from /azstateparks.com)
Campsites at Dead Horse Ranch State Park
Come enjoy the Sedona area at Dead Horse Ranch — with over 100 large RV campsites. Most pull-through sites can accommodate 40-foot RVs and truck & trailer rigs up to 65 feet.

- Dead Horse is actually at Cottonwood, AZ, about 15miles from Sedona.
- There is a Thousand Trails/Encore park between Cottonwood and Camp Verde off AZ260. I can't say about their length restrictions.
- There is a new RV park between Cottonwood and Camp Verde off AZ260, but I don't recall its name. (EDIT: Sedona View RV Park)

We did have some significant snow in the region, but the main roads - 89A, I-17, AZ260 - are clear. Flagstaff elevation (~7,000') means there will be lots of snow in parking lots and, I imagine, campsites etc.

Areas around Cottonwood (elevation ~3,500') are clear. There is lots of snow melt, so streams etc. in the area are full.

There is a fair amount to see and do, IMO, in the Cottonwood/Sedona area if you thinking of spending awhile here.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote