Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #1

campgrounds in florida

where is a good place to search for private campgrounds in florida.looking for central...I can only find state parks...my husband and I will be retiring next Dec. and would love to travel to Florida Jan and Feb...any one that would love to give us advice on anything would love..
iluv2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #2

campgroundreviews.com
Old 01-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #3

https://www.campflorida.com/
Old 01-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #4

Both good sources, also RVParky and Good Sam.
Be advised that especially the commercial ones fill up too early. Most are booked with snowbirds and full for the next season in April.
Persistence, flexibility and lots of phone calls will generally work. Also using government campgrounds that have short ( two weeks) stays can be used to fill in a plan.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #5

I've had good luck reserving FL State Parks in Sept but the sites are almost full As we have a shorter simpler unit we can fit in most everywhere but if you have a longer unit do not wait as long as we do.

We actually have tucked into commercial campgrounds at the last minute ( same day reserve while in FL) but that is not a great idea I forgot to reserve at Sanlan in Lakeland till December and still got a spot in Feb.

So do not despair. But yes earlier is better as the State Parks take reservations 11 months ahead.. Its critical if you want waterfront

That said one of our State Park reservations was wiped out as Michael wiped out TH Stone SP in St Joe. We were able in Nov to get a reservation at Indian Pass waterfront..

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

Near Orlando? Thousand Trails, Lake Magic, Sherwood Forest, Kissimee RV, Great Oak RV Park, Mouse Mountain, Elite Resorts Citrus Valley, Deer Creek, Mount Olive Shores, Theme World.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #7

campgroundreviews.com is a good start.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2camp View Post
where is a good place to search for private campgrounds in florida.looking for central...I can only find state parks...my husband and I will be retiring next Dec. and would love to travel to Florida Jan and Feb...any one that would love to give us advice on anything would love..
The best place to look is "EARLY". Florida like any other snowbird target will fill up early by those who learned how to beat the system and get into the CGs they want. In retirement you have moved into the class of RVers who can travel and arrive mid week and can avoid the Fri and Sat arrivals that most others are limited to. Sitting at the registration office on a Sun am is the best bet for getting a site that is not reservable or a no show
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
The best place to look is "EARLY". Florida like any other snowbird target will fill up early by those who learned how to beat the system and get into the CGs they want. In retirement you have moved into the class of RVers who can travel and arrive mid week and can avoid the Fri and Sat arrivals that most others are limited to. Sitting at the registration office on a Sun am is the best bet for getting a site that is not reservable or a no show

We have also learned to book early. Otherwise, you might not get a site, or you might not find one for the duration.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote