Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Camping and RV'ing > Campgrounds and Attractions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2017, 05:32 AM   #1

Camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway on non race weekends?

Anyone done it?

My MIL is in rehab in SW Atlanta area (Union City) and I was trying to find a campground nearby. At first, the most publicized place was South Atlanta RV Resort, which really didn't tickle my fancy after reading many reviews about it. I also questioned some of the review's validity when names on quite a few were the same or very similar to the owners surname.

Then I ran across an article a few years ago that mentioned that you could camp at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, even when there were no events scheduled. I called and sure enough, you can for 35.00/night for full hookups.

Was wondering if anyone else had ever camped there during a non race/event weekend and what their experience was like?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:39 PM   #2

I can tell you for sure the south resort is no resort. Will not stay there again. Have been told you can stay at the track. Did you go to the website
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #3

I think you are confusing Atlanta South RV Resort and the campgrounds at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Edit: OOPS! Sorry, didn't see the second part of your reply. No, I actually called the AMS ticket office at 877-926-7849. Actually ended up staying for 5 nights at 35/night for full hookups w/50amp. They showed us the map and said "pick a spot"!. We picked a site that backed up to a small pond. It was fairly level and gravel.

It was kind of weird though because we were the ONLY ONES THERE!!! Oh, wait I am mistaken because there was about a dozen or so Canadian Geese, a couple of turtles and a frog. There were no scheduled events this past weekend so the place was basically deserted and was a little eerie.

But the do offer camping year round for anyone interested. But I would probably stay away on NASCAR weekends, unless you plan on attending the race. Then, the prices for sites go thru the roof!
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #4

What I was saying is you do not want to stay at Atlanta south RV resort. Sketchy place. We did not feel safe. Never stayed at the race track but it must be better even if it was eerie
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote