Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #11

"Which campers would you target?"

All the privately owned campgrounds around this state need a percentage of seasonal campers to stay alive. I've been to a couple that have steadily increasing the number of seasonal sites, since the transients aren't enough to keep them full. One in particular now has only 8 or 10 open sites, and I won't go there anymore, because it's like we're encroaching on THEIR space.

A second one was going to open near their home, and the village folks shot them down on a vote, saying too much traffic/smoke/noise. The great thing is a neighboring town actually invited them to open up there, and it now is a nice place that we've stayed at several times now.....BUT, the last time there, we saw another section intended for the seasonal folks. (A sidebar to them, ALL the seasonal folks there are very nice and friendly. The owner insists on that, without exception),

If you can survive on short stay camping, I think that would be great. Perhaps there's a lot more RV traffic passing by your properties, due to it's location.

Personally, I have no preference to one being extremely close to an interstate or not. It just has to be a nice campground.

It might be an idea to talk to some of the other owners, and find out what hoops, if any, they had to jump through to establish their campgrounds.

Just ramblin' on, sorry.

JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:30 PM   #12

I don't think 7 miles off the interstate is too far to drive. I tend to camp short-term, like 2 and 3 night stays to go kayaking & hiking with my dogs so I'm usually looking for CG's that are close to water (river/lake). I feel much more relaxed when I'm away from the noise & traffic of an interstate and able to enjoy views that are pretty & scenic.

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #13

My thought is save that interstate frontage for a real heavy hitter developer and use the remote land for the rv park.

poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote