Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #21

And Elk Ridge and Dakota ridge don't answer the phone... at 6:50PM for any late check in.. tells you enough right there how they operate and care for those of us who are on the road traveling. but KOA answered.. live human.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post

So... is that a popular place that those working in the industry get special perks?
What is that in reference too?
Old 07-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
And Elk Ridge and Dakota ridge don't answer the phone... at 6:50PM for any late check in.. tells you enough right there how they operate and care for those of us who are on the road traveling. but KOA answered.. live human.
All I know is reservations were hard to get and they were full the whole week we stayed.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:29 PM   #24

Estes Park is a neat place to visit plus Rocky Mountain NP is the 4th most popular park in the system. Add to that the close proximity to Denver and you have something that lends itself to demand exceeding availability. The rv parks are always pretty much packed no matter when we've been there which is has been all the summer months plus all of September into October. That lends itself to a take it or leave it attitude which is pretty much describes Elk Meadows. A former employee told me she and her husband left because the only regard was for maximum profit.

I understand the need to make a profit to stay in business but taking care of your customers means they will be back, spending more money.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #25

Recently we were supposed to travel and spend a night at a cg in Liberty Lake Washington. We had to cancel due to truck mechanical issues. Anyhow, their policy was no refunds but our one night stay could be credited to us next time we rsvp with them. I explained to them we would not likely be up that way at all in the foreseeable future. I asked if they would consider applying our reservation to some weary rv traveler who looked like they had a hard day on the road. After a short discussion with management they agreed. So I will never know, but I sure hope they were true to their word. Just paying it forward from our misfortune.
Jdbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:44 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to 2KOOL4U Send a message via Skype™ to 2KOOL4U
The parks take advantage of the down payment. For any serious problem they don't care. You don't get your money back. We have many hurricanes in SC. I've had to cancel past the debate period due to hurricanes. Sorry no refunds. I broke down and was a day let arriving. I called ahead and said I'll be there for two days instead of three. The billed me three. My credit card went to bag and I got my $80 back. KOA is the best. Even if your past the cut off date, they refund you. Especially if you lots of points which I do.

I've always thought there should be a forum of RV'ers discussing billing problems with RV parks. I believe that could be a powerful tool to make some changes.
2KOOL4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #27

you all should stay home so I don't get sick... and people in business should not be able to set their own rules... I think it best if the government stepped in and put a stop to all these business running them the way they see fit.. Most have been ripped off for one reason or another and their policies are put in place to stay in business.

Those are their policies if you don't like them then don't use them... simple.. they all have the policies spelled out when you sign up...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
Those are their policies if you don't like them then don't use them... simple.. they all have the policies spelled out when you sign up...
X2. Funny how we all complain about government sticking its nose into free enterprise and costing us with all those rules and regulations. But when we voluntarily support a business and don’t like how we are treated we cry foul. Thanks to the internet, there are a million ways to publicize lousy businesses. You have every right to complain publicly — just as they have the right to have crummy policies. When they feel the impact of bad reviews and complaints, they will adjust, I assure you. Or they will fold. It’s called free enterprise.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Also a little confused with your dates but if you are talking about the Elk Meadows in Estes Park, Co I am on your side. We've been going to EP for a month each year for I think about the last 12 years. We started with them in 2007 or 8, not too sure about the date, and they were a friendly, accommodating rv park. Sometime after that they changed owners. The park really started going downhill, interior roads turned to dust, no maintenance of the already not good dirt sites, friendly staff quit and the prices went steadily up.

Our last year there maybe 4 or 5 years ago I had continuous sinus issues due to the dust which meant we could not sit outside and had to keep the fifth wheel closed up. They had raised prices again and our 4 weeks there were about $1800. I had a medical issue come up and thought we would have to leave about 2 weeks into the trip. I did not ask for a refund but asked if at least a portion could be transferred to next year's reservation. I was told tough poop, buddy. We didn't have to leave but I said no more. I know they have their stated policies but I also have the option of not doing business with them.

There is really not a I would call a nice campground in all of EP but there are some that are acceptable and a little more accommodating. We started using Manor RV Park. We will be there for our month this September. Rocky Mountain NP is our favorite place in the country.

Glad to hear Manor is Okay. See you there mid Sept!

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #30

Where is s Elk Meadow?
Kpfabricators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpfabricators View Post
Where is s Elk Meadow?
Estes Park, Colorado
Old 07-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
Glad to hear Manor is Okay. See you there mid Sept!
We'll have been there for a week or so by then. Like you said, see you there. Be sure and make your reservations for the park. Last I looked they were taking them thru August 31.