Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #1

Emerald Beach RV Park, Navarre, FL

Last week, I took the family over to the Florida panhandle for a little R&R. When we got to our camping spot, I was floored to find that what I had been reading and hearing were not true. We had a reservation at Emerald Beach RV Park in Navarre, FL. We were planning on staying from Sunday to Thursday. Well, we made it to about Monday at lunch and left.

They advertise that they were the "Cleanest, Friendliest RV park in Northwest Florida". Well, I must admit, the employees were friendly, but it definately was not the cleanest. Nothing can aggrivate me more than when I look out my window, all I see is the neighbor who has multiple refrigerators stacked outside, with their trash from the last 3 days sitting at the front of their camper, and clothes hanging all over the place. When I would walk out of my camper, I could make it to the base of the steps, take one additional step, and could touch the neighbors slide. Just a little too close for comfort for me.

I had reserved a prime end spot (#25), and was quick to find out that it meant it left me no where to park my TV. Seems other sites had the same problem, because they were all in the road when I originally came in to park my camper. For a pull thru site, I have never had as much trouble getting into place. We were next to the pet area...which was about a 40' x 20' hole dug out for your pets to go do whatever they needed to do. Now I am not talking a little hole....I am 5'8" and if I were in the bottom of it, I would have a problem seeing pavement.

They have additional levels of premium sites, which are ones directly on the water. Now I must admit, those seemed pretty nice, but once again, you were on top of your neighbor. Also, if you were there, that meant you had the entire park spending the day right where you are parked. They have 1 or 2 spots in that park that I would ever consider going back to (#'s 65 & 71)....if those weren't available, I would NOT go back.

We did not stay there long enough to make it to the pool, the beach, or the pavillion. I was upset enough after the first night when at 10:45PM, my child was awoken by the kids riding the golf carts with a radio on it, and waking up the next morning to walk outside to my neighbor emptying his tanks. Not a good morning!!!!

I know that some people have given rave reviews about this park, but it's just not the one for me.
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote