Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #1

Family Camping Trip This Summer - Any Ideas?

So here is a poll. Having trouble narrowing down our week long camping trip this summer. Some ideas are Gatlinburg TN area, Lake George NY area or the East Stroudsburg PA-pocono mountains area. Or any other suggestions. Also thought bout Kentucky too. Trying to keep it around 600mi from the Coldwater MI are. We have three kids, 1yr, 4yrs and 14years old. Thanks
crtc_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #2

Camp Jellystone in Quarreyville PA has quickly become a favorite for my family. We have 2 young boys and they love it. They also have daily activities to keep the kids entertained. The water park at the CG is one of the best I've seen. The CG is also only a 10-20 minute drove from all of the attractions in Lancaster.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #3

Gatlinburg looks like a lot of fun, and a nice area. We past through there a couple of years ago on or way to Nashville then Memphis. If I had known better I would have skipped Memphis (It sucked hahaha) all together and stayed in Gatlinburg instead. Nashville was great.
Lake George is fun. We havn't camped up there in a long time but we have family that goes every year and stays at Mt. Kenyon campground. We like to stay in Lake Luzerne, it's outside of the hustle and bustle of downtown and has horseback riding and a rodeo but is minutes to the lake. If you go make sure to go for a ride on the Minnehaha steamboat.
BruceinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #4

I would stay at Lake George RV Park Lake George RV Park: Lake George New York RV Camping At Its Finest
I would take the kids to Great Escape one day https://www.sixflags.com/greatescape.
Perhaps another day I would take the 14 year old to Adirondack Extreme
https://www.adirondackextreme.com/
If you like to take boat rides you can take the family on a cruise
Lake George Steamboat Cruises : Lake George Steamboat Company
The village of Lake George is loaded with shops and eateries.as well as a water slide.

Have fun!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #5

Having been to all three areas with my camper I would ask what you want in your trip?

If you want to leave the CG constantly and go out and explore the area or need a lot of entertainment to keep your family happy then Gatlinburg has the most. Just be advised that traffic is a huge mess in this area. Very commercial here.

Second to that is Lake George which is more laid back and the lake is breathtaking. Million dollar beach is a great day trip via trolley from a few locations in the village or LGRVP. Great Escape is good for a day and has a nice water park inside it.

Last on my that list would be East Stroudsburg PA. Better locations to hit west of that from central PA and a little more east.

Though I have not been yet, the finger lakes are on my list as well.

Shenandoah valley is a really nice area too for purely camping and exploring nature on the Skyline Drive.

Now the only thing that might hold you back is getting a spot in prime CG's during the summer.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote