Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #21

Myakka River State Park has one loop which is full hook up.
Horizons28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #22

We stayed in Fort Desoto Park for 2 wks in February 2018. It is a county park w only water and Elec, but we had a spot close to a bathhouse and survived easily w/o sewer.
Had to pick spot carefully for our 40' FW but there are pics and dimensions of sites on reservation site, so not difficult. We DID have to reserve 7 mos ahead to get a site as they go fast beginning in Spring season.
As I recall it was $42 per night, but we were so close to our daughter and son in law at St Pete Beach it was worth it. Parked the kayaks on the edge of bay and fished each day, just 20 feet from the RV. Just a short drive to various beautiful beaches, fishing piers. Loved the place.
We expected cool weather all year, but we're blessed w 60s and 70s and clear skies. Nice.
Kept clean and maintained well. Areas differ, study them on site. One section pet friendly. Pads and roads are crushed shell.

https://public.co.pinellas.fl.us/parks/ParksMain.jsp
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #23

Our families favorite beach campground in FL is Top Sail State Park in Santa Rosa, FL (30 mins east of Destin). It has full hookups & cable, but fills up fast. I've gotten last min reservations by checking for cancelations on a daily basis. By far our favorite campground...we go every year.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/pa...rve-state-park
Old 02-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #24

Bookemdanno, I started to mention Topsail also. We stayed there 2 nights as a stopover on the way to Desoto last Feb. Very nice, loved being there. Beach was great. Loved the pristine unspoiled preserve within hiking distance.
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #25

Florida campgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonBecky View Post
Bookemdanno, I started to mention Topsail also. We stayed there 2 nights as a stopover on the way to Desoto last Feb. Very nice, loved being there. Beach was great. Loved the pristine unspoiled preserve within hiking distance.

It is by far our favorite campground to date! I’d put it up against Fort Wilderness...(minus Disney of course).

One year we stayed there for free for a week. A class A was “broken down” in our site upon arrival, so they had to accommodate us with another site. The guy in our site wasn’t working real hard to get his RV out, as he was at the beach with his family every day, but it was ok by me...I had a great site, didn’t have to move, and it was free! Best stay I ever had...the staff bent over backwards to make our stay great...I never asked for anything! The free stay was just offered & of course I accepted!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #26

Rainbow Springs and Topsail are both bookmarked. Thank you both !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Rainbow Springs and Topsail are both bookmarked. Thank you both !
Just don't tell your friends...I don't need anymore competition for campsites!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #28

This is near Jacksonville, in case ya need a stop on your way down. This place was very cool. Flamingo Lake RV Resort - RV Parks in Jacksonville Florida
Jamnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #29
Joy

Gamble Rogers State Park has sites right on the beach. Water and Electric only with dump station available. Can reserve 11months in advance.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamnpete View Post
This is near Jacksonville, in case ya need a stop on your way down. This place was very cool. Flamingo Lake RV Resort - RV Parks in Jacksonville Florida
X-2
Old 02-22-2019, 01:02 AM   #31

Jolly Roger CG half way down the keys. We backed over the gulf.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #32

Best place pretty close to Disney and on the beach is Jetty Park campground at Port Canaveral, Fl. We go there a lot. Full hookups, online reservation, walk to the beach. Also has a fishing pier and great views of cruise ships coming and going. But call early gets full pretty quick around holidays and spring break. Very reasonable prices!
kennyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #33

Quote:
I’ve been looking for years - I’d like to go to Florida without needing the Fort. I’d also like to be close to a beach. I still can’t find a place i wouldn’t mind driving 2 days for. Most of the Florida campgrounds I find are right on top of a highway or surrounded by over development. I’m looking for a nice clean RV resort nestled away, by a beach, with full hookups.
Try Carabelle Rv Resort.

Vhttp://carrabellebeachresort.com/

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #34

On quick glance Carabelle looks nice. Nice campground not on top of a highway and close to the beach. I'll definitely bookmark this one !

Old 02-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #35

Quote:
I’ve been looking for years - I’d like to go to Florida without needing the Fort. I’d also like to be close to a beach. I still can’t find a place i wouldn’t mind driving 2 days for. Most of the Florida campgrounds I find are right on top of a highway or surrounded by over development. I’m looking for a nice clean RV resort nestled away, by a beach, with full hookups.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Our families favorite beach campground in FL is Top Sail State Park in Santa Rosa, FL (30 mins east of Destin). It has full hookups & cable, but fills up fast. I've gotten last min reservations by checking for cancelations on a daily basis. By far our favorite campground...we go every year.

Any sites to stay away from here? I see a big gap in the map between sites 125 and 127 - is there something about that area that is less then ideal? A bog, etc.?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Any sites to stay away from here? I see a big gap in the map between sites 125 and 127 - is there something about that area that is less then ideal? A bog, etc.?

If I remember correctly that's just a wooded area. That whole section over there is the newest campsites, but they are the furthest from the tram and beach access. I don't really think that any of the sites are bad...there are better sites than others, but not that are bad. My 5er won't fit on many of the sites tho.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #38

Quote:
If I remember correctly that's just a wooded area. That whole section over there is the newest campsites, but they are the furthest from the tram and beach access. I don't really think that any of the sites are bad...there are better sites than others, but not that are bad. My 5er won't fit on many of the sites tho.
That's what it looks like from Google Earth too but it seems odd they wouldn't pack another site or two in there. Its not like a place to leave real estate like that unoccupied.

Do you forsee any problems w/ my motorhome getting back there? We prefer serenity so a walk isn't a big deal for us.

Thanks for responding btw.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #39

Quote:
That's what it looks like from Google Earth too but it seems odd they wouldn't pack another site or two in there. Its not like a place to leave real estate like that unoccupied.

Do you forsee any problems w/ my motorhome getting back there? We prefer serenity so a walk isn't a big deal for us.

Thanks for responding btw.

You won't have any problems...enjoy! It's my favorite campground!
Old 04-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #40

Quote:
You won't have any problems...enjoy! It's my favorite campground!
We're looking hard at this place for our spring trip next April. Full hookups, close to the beach, and it seems quiet (at least its not commercial like many other places).

Thanks !