Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Yeah but sitting on the beach with an adult beverage watching the sunset has it's merits as well.
But you can sit at the beach with an adult beverage and watch the fireworks at the FORT...
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
But you can sit at the beach with an adult beverage and watch the fireworks at the FORT...

And stay there a while longer and you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #123

First time to the Fort this summer and curious if any of you that have been could answer; is the little blue Camco Tastepure filter enough to rid the Florida water of the smell, or should I consider a 2 or 3 stage filter option instead, and if so any recommendation on a final filter in that for that smell?

More concerned with being able to shower/brush as we'll just drink bottled water. I don't have enough faith in little blue to drink from it, despite it's intent.
hittinswitches98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:34 PM   #124
Site Team

I use the blue Camco filters at Ft. Wilderness with no issues.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #125

We’ve only stayed in the Fort twice but our “whole house” filter left us no smell or taste. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mouse had his own treatment facilities.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:12 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I use the blue Camco filters at Ft. Wilderness with no issues.
X2

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #127

Ok I have stayed at the Wilderness lodge where we have a time share there. My question is never stayed in the camp part any suggestions on where to stay with a 32ft Greyhawk MH? Not familiar at all where to stay or what spots are best. My wife and myself want to try staying there. I am sure the price a night is not that cheap being in Disney.
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #128

You would fit fine in 100 or 200 (Preferred) which is close to the Beach, Crockett's Tavern and the boat to the MK and Lodge. If you want close to the pool go for 1600 or 1700 unless uou want to pay for top end then go for preferred premium. 600 800 900 1000 1400
Old 03-19-2020, 05:41 AM   #129

So assuming things are back to normal in November (fingers crossed) I have a reservation for the first week of November. I had to stitch it together as I couldn’t get the full amount of time in one shot.

So my conundrum is I’m left with my first night of the trip being in Full Hookup and the remainder of my trip being in Premium Meadow. What I’m trying to figure out is if its worth it to pack everything up and sit in the overflow at 11AM the following day waiting for my Meadow spot to open, or if I’m better off going to Tropical Pines down the road (cheaper), see if I can get the late checkout or maybe even pay the extra day (not much more expensive), and roll in leisurely when we get the text that our Meadow site is ready.

Anybody else end up in my situation? What did you do/how did it work out for you?

Old 03-19-2020, 07:19 AM   #130

Being that far out I would sit tight since many times they are able to put you in the site that is reserved for the longest period. If push comes to shove use the full hook-up just for the one night and tell them you will move when your Premium opens up. (late check-out) I have seen people do that too. They are very prone to working with guests in those situations.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #131

Thanks Grumpy.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:54 AM   #132

I would just call Disney everyday trying to get the Premium Meadow site for the first night. Most likely there will be a cancellation. It may take some time, that's New Jersey week at Disney, but you will most likely get the site you want.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:55 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
I would just call Disney everyday trying to get the Premium Meadow site for the first night. Most likely there will be a cancellation. It may take some time, that's New Jersey week at Disney, but you will most likely get the site you want.

-Michael
We check the website multiple times per day. That extra day has been a real bugger to get.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post

-Michael
Not the thing to do right now with things shut down. Even the travel agents are limited as to how many calls they can make.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:07 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not the thing to do right now with things shut down. Even the travel agents are limited as to how many calls they can make.
Sorry, didn't know I needed to clarify to wait for Disney to re-open. Kinda thought was obvious.

The advice still stands. Once Disney re-opens, call everyday until you get the site you want. It's never failed us, even trying to get in during the holiday. I have found that calling yields better results than checking the web site.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #136

This morning we were able to get the Premium Meadow campsite for the day we needed. So we cancelled the Full Hookup site and had guest services merge our 2 Premium Meadow reservations. DW got right through on the reservation line. We had considered not calling due to what’s going on in the world, but then we thought w/ all the layoffs going on maybe us giving a customer service rep something to do would be a good thing. If everybody stops doing everything there will be more layoffs.

Does Disney release rooms and campsites in batches? Seemed odd that for weeks on end there was nothing available for that day we were looking for, and now this morning that day has many options all of a sudden. The Premium Meadow is even still available on the website even after DW booked ours; so there was more then 1.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:00 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Does Disney release rooms and campsites in batches? .
According to the Travel Agent we use. Also finding dates are dependent on cancellations. With people having decreased income for several months there will probably be a slew of cancellations
Old 04-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
....DW got right through on the reservation line. We had considered not calling due to what’s going on in the world, but then we thought w/ all the layoffs going on maybe us giving a customer service rep something to do would be a good thing...

Does Disney release rooms and campsites in batches? Seemed odd that for weeks on end there was nothing available for that day we were looking for, and now this morning that day has many options all of a sudden. The Premium Meadow is even still available on the website even after DW booked ours; so there was more then 1.
I call last Tuesday, 3/31, and the Reservation Guru answered on the first ring. With all of them working from home I agree that they are looking for things to do for us, the consumer.

As far as releasing rooms, it's been my experience they release the online calendar sometime in June for the next year. You can call 500 days out from your desired checkin and if there is availability they'll book it for you. I got two separate res for 9 nights each in 2021.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:01 AM   #139
Site Team

Has anyone attempted to change reservation dates for the summer instead or canceling an upcoming reservation? We are supposed to be there June 16th for 11 nights and it is looking more and more unlikely that I will be able to get away from work during that time.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Has anyone attempted to change reservation dates for the summer instead or canceling an upcoming reservation? We are supposed to be there June 16th for 11 nights and it is looking more and more unlikely that I will be able to get away from work during that time.
I know that there are certain reservations that you have to cancel and re-book since there are normally rate changes based on when you are going. The CM can usually do it at the same time, Push comes to shove you pay the 2nd deposit and get a credit for the first one.