Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #141

Fort Wilderness Questions

Midnight Moon, I’m sorry to hear about your mother.
May you and your family be comforted through this.

Glad to hear you’re booked for Disney and your dad is joining you. I’m sure he will enjoy that, and hopefully experience some healing laughter and happiness.

We are planning to go in July and have a preferred site booked.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #142
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Midnight Moon, I’m sorry to hear about your mother.
May you and your family be comforted through this.

Glad to hear you’re booked for Disney and your dad is joining you. I’m sure he will enjoy that, and hopefully experience some healing laughter.

We are planning to go in July and have a preferred site booked.

Thank you for your kind words. Mom's funeral is actually tomorrow. Sitting through a long day here so I figured that doing something positive like booking Disney would take my mind off of it.

We loved our preferred site last year. We were in the 500 loop. I'm not going to request anything specific this year. Just want to see where they put us but certainly wouldn't mind being back in 500 again.

On thing we are going to do different this year is to plan a day or two where we don't go in to the parks at all. We just want to spend some time enjoying the Fort.
Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #143

Fort Wilderness Questions

I’m sorry. I know that’s heartbreaking. Does your dad live nearby?

Are you all staying in the camper when you go to Disney?

I was thinking 500 loop was a premium rather than preferred. Maybe it’s both.

Parents were in 700 loop when they were there.

We also have some downtime built in when we go, although not much. We will need to do laundry midway through, and everyone wants to visit different resorts, go to Beaches and Cream, Disney Springs for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #144

Quote:

It is not both and 400 & 700 are closest to Marina and Trails End.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #145
Site Team

Quote:
I’m sorry. I know that’s heartbreaking. Does your dad live nearby?

Are you all staying in the camper when you go to Disney?

We also have some downtime built in when we go, although not much. We will need to do laundry midway through, and everyone wants to visit different resorts, go to Beaches and Cream, Disney Springs for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc.
My parents have lived with us for 9 years. Mom's illness started in 2010 and they have been with us since. It's been all hands on deck for her care so it just made sense for them to be here. I'm not actually sure what my father will do at this point. He is obviously welcome to stay here if he would like. I have a rental property that is open currently if he would like a change of scenery. Either way, it's up to him.

As far as the Fort is concerned, my kids liked the pool there so much that they both want a day just to swim and catch the movie and campfire activities, etc. Yes, we will all be in the camper. My kids share the bottom bunk so my father can either use the top bunk or the dinette.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #146

Midnightmoon...very sorry to hear about your mom...your family is in my prayers.

I do have a question for all of you. We are going to Disney in March. I was thinking of requesting Loop 900 or 1100. We have 4 adults and 2 children (4 years and 1 1/2 years). I am concerned about us all getting showered in a timely manner and figure we might have to use the Comfort Stations for some of the showers...kids no doubt will get tub and shower priority in trailer. Loops 900 and 1100 seem to have fewer sites and thought that might be better for getting in and out of Comfort Station showers quicker. Is my line of thinking true? Any better suggestions? I wanted to be able to walk over to the pool and (it's hard to tell on the map) but thought maybe it wouldn't be too far from either of those loops either. Also, can you take your golf cart to the Outpost Depot to catch a bus to Epcot and leave it there for the day? Thanks for your help! Haven't been to Disney in years and really excited to be going!!!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #147
Site Team

Thanks for your kind words, I greatly appreciate it.

Yes, the comfort stations in all of the loops are very nice. I don't think that you will have any issue with their use no matter what loop you are in.

Yes you can take your cart to either Settlement Depot or Outpost Depot and leave it there all day. There are also busses running constantly throughout the resort to get you to where you need to be without much wait.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Old 01-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
I do have a question for all of you. We are going to Disney in March. I was thinking of requesting Loop 900 or 1100. We have 4 adults and 2 children (4 years and 1 1/2 years). I am concerned about us all getting showered in a timely manner and figure we might have to use the Comfort Stations for some of the showers...
900 shares a bath house with 1000 and 2100 has access to the bath house on 1100.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #149

Premium site booked for four nights at end of March. First time for us at the Fort.

Bikes will be used to get around the campground.

Parking is free at the parks? We were planning on just driving our truck to the park each day instead of dealing with busses or Lyfts.

We were considering bringing the dog, but anticipate at least 12hrs at the park for some days. Pooch can’t sit tight for 12hrs at a time. How do people handle that hiccup?

We haven’t booked anything yet besides the Fort reservations. What should I be doing right now (if it’s not too late)? Hoop De Doo? Restaurants? We’re newbies to the Magic Kingdom.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #150

Thanks to both of you for the info. I guess my theory about the bath houses is down the tube...back to the drawing board! Maybe I will just aim to be by the pool and campfire for the kids.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #151
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Premium site booked for four nights at end of March. First time for us at the Fort.

Bikes will be used to get around the campground.

Parking is free at the parks? We were planning on just driving our truck to the park each day instead of dealing with busses or Lyfts.

We were considering bringing the dog, but anticipate at least 12hrs at the park for some days. Pooch can’t sit tight for 12hrs at a time. How do people handle that hiccup?

We haven’t booked anything yet besides the Fort reservations. What should I be doing right now (if it’s not too late)? Hoop De Doo? Restaurants? We’re newbies to the Magic Kingdom.
Hoop De Doo is a must do at the Fort in my opinion. You will not be disappointed. Trails End is also excellent.

Any of the Disney World restaurants are excellent. Simply find the type of food you like, make a reservation and enjoy. Speaking of reservations, most of the table service restaurants will be full if you wait to the day of to try and get a table. If there is one that you for sure want to visit, make reservations ahead of time.

As far as your dog is concerned, there is a pet care place on Disney property. They do day care as well as overnight boarding. If you have a day that you don't want to worry about letting your dog in the camper all day, they are a great option.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...ends-pet-care/
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Old 01-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #152

To Lowmiler..We are going at the end of March as well. I just finished making my Fast Pass reservations. I have also made all my restaurant reservations (a while back). Now I am working on picking a loop (although not sure they will honor the request)...I do have a reservation for a Premium site as well.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #153

Midnightmoon: Very sorry to hear about your mom's passing.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #154
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Midnightmoon: Very sorry to hear about your mom's passing.
Thank you
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Snip...
We have 4 adults and 2 children (4 years and 1 1/2 years). I am concerned about us all getting showered in a timely manner and figure we might have to use the Comfort Stations for some of the showers...kids no doubt will get tub and shower priority in trailer. Loops 900 and 1100 seem to have fewer sites and thought that might be better for getting in and out of Comfort Station showers quicker. Is my line of thinking true? Any better suggestions? IMO, the comfort stations are seldom crowded. Virtually everyone at The Fort is in an RV with a bathroom and shower and most RVs have 2 people. We were there this spring with 4 adults and 2 g-kids. We didn't have a problem.

I wanted to be able to walk over to the pool and (it's hard to tell on the map) but thought maybe it wouldn't be too far from either of those loops either. Also, can you take your golf cart to the Outpost Depot to catch a bus to Epcot and leave it there for the day? Yes. You can also leave golf carts at the other end (the Settlement) and take a boat from there directly to the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for your help! Haven't been to Disney in years and really excited to be going!!!
From the Outpost you can take a bus to The Studios. Check to see if the Friendship Boats will go from there to the International Gateway at EPCOT. If they do, it's a good way to avoid the crowd at the other end of EPCOT (Monorail/Bus stop). Because of bridge work and the gondola system construction, those boats may not be able to go the full distance.

Have a magical time.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #156

Quote:
Snip...
Parking is free at the parks? We were planning on just driving our truck to the park each day instead of dealing with busses or Lyfts. NO! Parking at the parks is not free! It's ~$25 to $50/day unless you have an Annual Pass.

We were considering bringing the dog, but anticipate at least 12hrs at the park for some days. Pooch can’t sit tight for 12hrs at a time. How do people handle that hiccup? 12 hours in which Park? If it is the Magic Kingdom, it's an easy and quick trip by boat back to The Fort. Other parks would be more of an issue and take MUCH longer. In that case, Walt Disney World® Resort Pet Boarding/Kennels. Would be your best option.

WDW is HUGE so you will have to learn all you can and plan your days to get the most 'bang for your buck' IMO. Unless you don't mind spending time waiting, make all the dining reservations you can and Fast Passes for the attractions that are important to you.

There is a free Phone App: My Disney Experience, I believe it is called. You'll find that helpful, too.

Have a magical time.

Oops! Grumpy corrected me! See below #157

Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #157

Parking is free at the parks if you are staying at the FORT or at any DISNEY owned hotel. Just have your Magic Band and photo ID ready.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Parking is free at the parks if you are staying at the FORT or at any DISNEY owned hotel. Just have your Magic Band and photo ID ready.

Thanks, Grumpy. We had an annual pass this spring and it was the only time we've used the truck to go to the parks.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #159

Thanks all for the info so far.

So next step seems to be picking the actual parks we want to visit.

Our 11 year old daughter is not a huge fan of extreme rides and has outgrown the thrill of meeting characters already. We're thinking of doing 2 days max of parks. Maybe just Animal Kingdom and Epcot. She absolutely loved Harry Potter world last year at Universal, for what it's worth.

Can we book restaurants and fast passes before we've booked the parks?

Once we book the parks, they send us the bands?

Since we're already booked at the Fort, I guess we can go ahead and book Hoop De Doo.

Anything I'm missing?

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #160

Quote:

Can we book restaurants and fast passes before we've booked the parks?

Once we book the parks, they send us the bands?

Since we're already booked at the Fort, I guess we can go ahead and book Hoop De Doo.

Anything I'm missing?
They send Magic Bands about 3 weeks before your visit you can link park tickets to them at any time, even before they arrive using MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE. Once you have your reservation you can book dining, but no Fast Passes until you buy your park tickets. Hoop De Doo does not require you to even have any WDW reservations. It's open to the general public.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote