Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2022, 02:55 PM   #1

Ft Wilderness Rumors floating around

Rumor is, if you make a reservatiion you can no longer adjust the dates. The original reservation must be canceled and you have to start all over again. As I said that is the rumor that is floating around.

Also rumor is, the 2200 cabin loop is going to be converted into campsites.

One more.. they are apparently resotring the original beach area that was torn up for the, apparently now defunct, Reflections Resort.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
Site Team

I'll be there in a few weeks Grumpy and I'll be able to let you know.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Rumor is, if you make a reservatiion you can no longer adjust the dates. The original reservation must be canceled and you have to start all over again. As I said that is the rumor that is floating around.

Also rumor is, the 2200 cabin loop is going to be converted into campsites.

One more.. they are apparently resotring the original beach area that was torn up for the, apparently now defunct, Reflections Resort.
If you don’t hear a rumor by 0930, start one
Old 05-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #4

Here's the scoop on the Campsite Reservations:

Several Disney travel agents have posted that effective 5/19 you can not modify your October - December reservation (peek holiday time). Any changes and you will need to cancel and rebook. No more campsite hoarding and booking a month when people only needed a week and end up canceling the rest.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #5

Confirmed for Halloween

If anybody is planning a HALLOWEEN TRIP:

Disney has now locked down these dates. October-26-November-1-2022 & 2023!
What this means is, if you have a reservation with any of these dates included in your reservation. You cannot make any changes. No name changes, date changes site changes etc. you can only cancel the reservation.

It doesn’t matter who you try to talk to, no one can change anything.

Halloween has been one of the most abused reservation times at the FORT, especially with people adding friends at the last minute who just come in for Trick or Treat. Also many booked the entire week in order to just get Halloween then cancelled days at the last minute.

Apparently they have not done anything over Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. If I hear differently I will post that info.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:55 AM   #6

Thank you, Grumpy. And TIA Midnightmoon for any new information.

Several days ago I tried to make a reservation at Ft Wilderness and there was nothing available on the web for any length of days well into next year. And we are close enough that we have some flexibility that others don't.

I have confidence in Disney's approach and assume the reservation system will work better than it does now.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:04 AM   #7
Site Team

We were there from the 12th through the 25th of June. A couple of things to note.

- The beach to the left of the of the dock is still closed for construction. I didn't actually see any work going on. But the area is still closed off.

- Only the Magic Kingdom boat was operating during our stay. The resort loop boat did not service Ft. Wilderness and the sign was removed from the dock area.

- Hoop Dee supposedly began running the last two nights of our stay. No tickets were available so I can't comment on any changes to the show.

- Food trucks were available Tuesday and Wednesday evenings near Pioneer Hall.

- The playground area that used to be over closer to Mickey's Backyard BBQ is now directly beside the golf cart parking near Pioneer Hall. It is also larger with more equipment.

- Trails End Restaurant was only open for Breakfast during our stay.

- Rumors among the staff was that the large pool will be closed temporarily later in July for some repairs/rehab. I can not confirm that one.

As I mentioned in the other Fr. Wilderness thread, there were empty sites and many empty cabins throughout Wilderness during the course of our stay. If you are having difficulty making reservations online, I would recommending calling Disney's reservation line to see if there is actually space available. What we observed in person was nowhere near capacity except for possibly the weekends.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
I would recommending calling Disney's reservation line to see if there is actually space available. What we observed in person was nowhere near capacity except for possibly the weekends.
That is why I always use a Travel Agent, they get paid by WDW so your cost is the same either way.

Many locals book Thurs to Sun so if anybody is looking for a weekend to weekend that is why reservations are hard to get many times.

Apparently one change at HDDR is they no longer have the servers on stage for the Strawberry Shortcake number.

Here is a pic looking towards the beach that was circulated on the 7/2.
Attached Thumbnails
clementine.jpg